Monday, November 7, 2011

My Weekend.......

November 7, 2011



"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford 
to be stupid with them."



Awwwww.........it's Fall.

I know it looks like we have water in the lake by the picture, but don't get too excited....this was last year's picture.  But the breeze, cooler weather and steam on the lake have arrived which means Fall is here and soon this beautiful maple tree in our backyard will be on fire with color just like it does each year.  I just love this time of year.......

So, what did we do this weekend?  For starters, we had an Etheridge Family Reunion!  Chuck was able to see all his cousins, aunt, 2nd cousins, unknowns.......etc.......I think even us, the spouses of the family members, enjoyed ourselves.  Truth is, Chuck has a pretty cool family....Although he doesn't have much scandal, criminals or dirt in his family, it still makes for a good time getting together trading family secrets.....and when things get really quiet and boring, we make stories up.

And this weekend was my Dallas friend Carla's birthday weekend!  I decided to surprise her as she  headed through Mt. Vernon on her way home from Little Rock by standing on the side of Interstate 30 with a "Happy Birthday Carla" sign held high above my head waiting on her to drive by.  It would have worked great if the Highway Patrolman wouldn't have pulled up behind my car and blocked our view of each other with his stupid lights flashing.  When I asked him to please back up cause she wouldn't be able to see me or the sign, he refused.  Just kept telling me I was going to get killed, or kill someone, or something like that.  So just as I got to the back of his car, still holding the sign up, she passed by......I could see the look of surprise and laugher coming from her face as she proceeded to pull over up ahead.  It was all worth it cause I got to hug my friend......until the cop told us to "take it to the rest stop ahead" instead of on the side of the highway.  Such a poop......

And that was my weekend........a very good weekend.


"You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself she doesn't feel you've done a permanent job."

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh Liz...what a great story....and true too....I showed Joe and got to read outloud the funny adventure...you are the best....Chuck too....blessings....jackie

ant Ellie said...

cops are such killjoys.....but I think that is neat. reminds me when I wanted to pickup a 5 gal. white bucket on the side of the road...to make an earthbox
out of it and the cop pulled up, asked me what I was doing and I said "gettingthat bucket over there" and he said you better get back in your truck and
forget the bucket...you are only allowed to stop here if it is an emergency."well, it was sort of an emergency....I had one bucket but needed two to make an earth box.....well, anyway, he looked unhappy, so I got inmy truck and droveon.... %#$&?"} expletive deleted. I really do believe old friends are aware of our efforts and appreciate them...carry
on. Love to you both,
ant ellie

kathy said...

SO TYPICAL!! J I mean about the poop head cop! Glad you had a good laugh….and a good weekend!!

Ant Ellie said...

Dear Liz and Chuck, I don't know if I told you about my crazy Skipbo playing ladies....one got a ticket from her daughter to fly to Houston right before Thanksgiving...and we were all happy for her...wanted to know when she was going to start packing. She said she was not going to pack.
We thought maybe she didn't have a suitcase...and were prepared to loan her one. She said "no" because she was not going to pay extra to take a
suitcase....she planned to wear 3 or 4 pair of panties, 2-3 pair of long pants, 3-4 tee shirts, and put a nightie in her purse. This way, she could get on the
plane with no luggage and yet get enough stuff there that if she needed to wash something, she said her daughter had a washing machine and drier in her apartment, so no problem. When asked about toothbrush etc, she said her daughter had several ones in the drawer and she would use one of those, as well as deodorant, lotion and shampoo, etc. The extra clothing on her butt would be an improvement since her buttocks had sunken down to her knees! ha. Thought you might get a kick out of this. we're all so strange, we consider each other normal!! ha.
love, ant ellie