Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thank You God For Ouray.......

November 1, 2011



"Memory... Is The Diary That We All Carry About With Us."  
~Oscar Wilde


Remember back in July when you and I went to Ouray, Colorado?  Remember how I was addicted to taking all those Jeep tours everywhere, like Red Mountain, Imogene Pass and Black Bear Pass and took zillions of digital pictures??

Yep, Ouray was one of my Top 2 places we visited this past summer and doing the Black Bear Pass Jeep Tour was my #1 favorite thing I did.

Hanging off the edge of cliffs;

Driving through meadows of sheep;

Witnessing Bridal Veil Falls.......

It was all so unbelievable, didn't you think??  So imagine how freaked out I was when I got home and couldn't find my Black Bear Pass pictures......all 300 of them!

There are no words.....

I looked EVERYWHERE......I checked my external hard drive....I checked 2-layers of the trash can on my laptop....I even downloaded a 3rd Party "Find" program that's suppose to find every comma you ever typed on your hard drive......to no avail.
So I prayed.......I prayed a very selfish prayer that I could find my digital memories that I loved so much...

And guess what I stumbled on this week??   Twenty pictures I had set aside for the Blog that day.  I was over the moon with excitement!!  And although I ended that wonderful day on Black Bear Pass with a lot more than 20 pictures,  I am beyond thrilled.

He really does answer selfish prayers sometimes!!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I wondered where you were going with this………..whew. I was afraid you were going to say you were moving there! J

Sandee & Larry said...

Liz,

Your request wasn’t selfish it was to ask for guidance in finding what you were looking for. The God I believe in is always my best friend. I remember a few years ago, I was driving, out of gas, late for an appointment, could not get cell coverage and in my most desperate moment: I just disgustedly yelled JESUS! Suddenly, a gas station appeared and my cell had three bars. I just looked heavenward and said, even when I say your name in blasphemous anger....you are still with me. Just renewed my faith all over again.

Ain’t it grand!

Sandee

Israel said...

...And here we go again, Be exalted, O God , above the heavens; Let your glory be above all the earth. Ps 57:11

Israel

Ant Ellie said...

It is not selfishness when you share them withus all.....and what breath taking
pictures! I am glad I did not see a blond head of hair in that jeep on that mountainside!
Otherwise, I would have to e-whip you! I can see why that place was your
favorite....it is just "Wow".
Love to you both,
and thankgoodness you are both safe home.
ant ellie

Kathy said...

Ohhhh. I tho’t you found them all. Surely you will find them. You can pull them off your blogs, but that won’t be all of them for sure. I’m so sorry. Agh. Bless your heart. I wish I could come hug you and bring you some wine and your favorite dessert. I hate things like this. All those memories. You’ll find them, girlfriend. I just know they’re still ‘somewhere’.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I were married on the bridge above Box Canyon Falls just outside of Ouray! Drove thru there all the time from our home in Pagosa Springs going up to Grand Jct. were my folks lived. This is one of my fav places on earth!!!"

Sherrie said...

Cool! I remember it all and wished I had been there. You really are an awesome writer. So much better than me. Maybe one day you will rub off and .... who knows?