Saturday, December 24, 2011

Think About What Is.....

December 24, 2011

"Whatever is true....
Whatever is lovely....
Whatever is right....
Think about such things."  
Phillippians 4:8

On the way to Dallas last week......A Blessing!!

Merry Christmas-Eve!!!

As I sit here, waiting for inspiration on what to write you, I must tell you I sit here with a smile on my face, looking outside at the misting rain falling, the dry lake that is starting to come back to life, the friends and family we have been so blessed with, and I can't help but be reminded that each of us, yes....YOU.....have all been given the same blessing!

The Blessing of Christ!  

You know, I think if Christ were physically sitting next to you right now,  He might be saying "As you celebrate the wonder of My birth, celebrate YOUR rebirth into eternal life" or maybe He might say "This everlasting gift was the sole purpose of My entering your sin-filled world.....receive MY gift with awe and humility."  I don't know about you, but this time of year, to me, isn't about the gifts we give each other.....it isn't about the parties we attend; it isn't about the Christmas tree lights working......nope....it's all about the Blessing.

Unfortunately, some of you are going to have stopped reading this Blog by now cause its too "religious" or maybe not what you want to think about today, but if you're still reading, please stop at some point today and mentally write down all the many Blessings in your life.   That's what I'm doing......see??
Friends.......My Blessing

My Blessings

My Chuck
My Family
My Friends and Neighbors
My Murphy, Molly and Kruger
My Home
My Church
My Health
My Inner Peace
My Talents
My Favorite Chair
My Coffee
My Computer
My Dorkiness

Well, you get the idea.........What's on YOUR Blessings List?

From the Etheridge's home to Yours, may you find the Blessing of Christmas......

14 comments:

liz Hurt said...

One of my blessing is definitely you. Thank you, my friend. Love and merry Christmas. Liz

Jackie Stuckey said...

Liz -

You are sooooo true about that is the best thing about this time of year. You asked so I wanted to share mine with you.....

I am blessed to have the family and friends that I do.
I am blessed to have a job that I enjoy!!!
I am blessed to have my health!
I am blessed to have my quirky (kinda as much as mom) Sindey (blue heeler) in my life, I would be lost without her!
I am blessed to be receiving your blogs! They have touched me, most of them at least, in more ways than you can ever imagine!

I hope that you and Chuck have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Marlane said...

Merry Christmas to you and Chuck....Blessings in the coming New Year!"

Becky and Skip said...

Merry Christmas!

Tom and Mary Lee said...

You are having the perfect Christmas Eve!! Thinking of our blessed Lord and Savior is the most loving, peaceful, thankful thing we can do. God bless you, Chuck and yours. Merry Christmas!!

Annette said...

"Merry Christmas to you and Chuck. Thank you for reminding me about counting blessings , they are many. See you New Years eve?"

Sallie and Larry said...

Merry Christmas to Chuck and Liz.

Regina said...

Dearest Liz,

God has blessed me with you!! I love you!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Regina

Glenda Anderson said...

Merry Christmas you two! Have a wonderful holiday! Love y'all!

Ant Ellie said...

What an appropriate message...just stop and count our blessings...which are too numerous to list.
thank you for the reminder. I love you both lots and lots.
ant ellie

Norm & Sue said...

Buvu

kim Gertz said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you and your family, Liz! Luv ya."

Jack Carlson said...

Thanks Liz
We're spending Christmas with my Kids and Grandson.
Merry Christmas to you and Chuck
Also by the way the GB Tollway is open to I-30. You were right.
Yes...

JC

Sherrie said...

Thank you. That was well said and beautiful. I am doing what you suggested right now.