Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Beadboard-A-Holic-Opia.......

Tuesday, January 10, 2012


After a week of working on the beadboard project in the Media Room and Kitchen Nook, we can finally say, "It Is Finished".......

Well, almost......

We've lost an electrical plate cover in the Nook; accidently painted the window; and discovered just how filthy our carpet was in the Media Room.

We've made a deliberate act of NOT turning the overhead light on in there for about.....ohhh.....I'd say 5 years.  We've been using "mood" lighting in there all this time for fear of what we'd find if we actually turned the overhead lighting on.

AND......

We were right to leave the light off.....

AND......

The lake is fillin' back up.....it's RAINING!!!

9 comments:

Denise Kohler said...

Love it !!

Lulu said...

u amuse me and make me smile......the way u look at life is awesome.. an yes THANK GOd for the rain Jimmy pam took me across lake Lavon over NYRs an there was more land than water it is devastating how little water is there// I have NEVER seen it like that or even near that stage... We NEED lots of rain ... thank GOD for what we do get....

Cynthia said...

Love your blog today.. and I love the Bead Board.. doesn't it look great ? I know you are happy with it..
I would love to have that under my BAR here where set looking over into the kitchen.. don't you think that would be good here.. ?

Ellen said...

Looks great! New flooring in the media room????

Joy Starks said...

I love reading your BLOG everyday. Starts my morning off so well. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Boyles said...

It looks really nice! Glad you finally getting rain.

Ant Ellie said...

No one is going to look at the carpeting when their eyes light on the beadboard....super good job.....due to a diligent construction supervisor Liz. really, really looks nice. Now you can sit with a cup of coffee in the
newly redone breakfast nook and look out on that beautiful lake! enjoy it....you deserve it after all the work.
Love to you both,
ant ellie

Kathy said...

YAY for rain and YAY for bead board. New carpet next, eh? One thing ALWAYS leads to another with homeownership. Me? I just got my septic tank pumped out today. Exciting, yes?

Ann Holland said...

Looks fabulous!!