Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birthday Blues.....

June 22, 2012


First, let me just say "mucho gracious" to all my Facebook friends who wished this quickly-aging chick a Happy Birthday online.  It made the day a bunch more tolerable.....

That being said, I was a little bummed going into this birthday........I think for a lot of reasons.  

First, I miss my Mom......terribly.  


I wish Chuck could walk.......
and stop being a bone-head and trying to do stuff he can't do YET....  

I'm now 52 years old which, up until yesterday, seemed really, really old.......

Tomorrow I'll be fine.....over my pitty-party......and all will be well in Liz's universe once again.


But there were BRIGHT moments to this bizarre day......The candles on the cake my friend Becky made me, literally lit the entire room up......


Especially after we dropped my cell phone in the middle of the lit cake taking the above picture.....


And the flowers (thanks Deb, Brady, Jacque and Matt) I received from my family brightened up my day and the house.....

Along with the beautiful set of lamps (thanks Chuck!) I've had my eye on for a ZILLION years.....


And the massage, manicure and pedicure (thanks Sue, Becky and Kathy!!) I'm IMpatiently waiting for tomorrow.....well.....lets just say, I have my purse in hand and sitting by the door.........

I'm so blessed.......even if I do whine!!





16 comments:

Bonnie and Dick said...

Happy Birthday, Liz!!!!
Bonnie

David and Ramona said...

It is a very good thing that you and Ramona share a birthday as well
as y'all are the very same age. She was born in Saigon 52 years ago
today and she is here today, at home to celebrate her birthday. the
fact that she is here,still with us is a miracle in itself.

So happy birthday to two lovely ladies from two nearly worn out old
coots who love you both very much......

Happy Birthday Liz-

Robert Jordan said...

My, what big eyes u have"

Jan and Joe said...

Your birthday is the 23rd? Mine is the 26th! No whining, Liz - I'm going to 76!! That's worth whining about!! Not that it does any good. And of course Joe isn't 76 until Sept 5, so in between those dates he continuously points out how much older I am, and I keep telling him how much wiser I am. Ha ha! Keep your chin up, cutie. As my Mom says, "It doesn't get any better!" Happy Birthday, Jan and Joe

Lulu said...

Wow to b 52 again would b amazing to me.......I know u miss ur mom... I still miss mine an dream about her a nite like she is really there....She died in 83..... U have wonderful friends an family to love an pamper u. U R BLESSED...... Beautiful flowers beautiful lamps..... beautiful friends an family ....... Love u glad it was a great day for u........ may u enjoy at least another 50 birthdays........... Love u Lulu

Israel said...

Dropping your phone on the cake is no surprise to me, you are just clumsy.......And as the song goes. Put another candle on my birthday cake, another year has come today, put another candle on my birthday cake, I'm another year old today. Happy Birthday to you, I'm another year old today.

Jerry Krantz said...

"Happy Bithday Liz remember age is just a number it is how you feel in your heart and mind thats why I am 25!! lol

David and Renee said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! We Love You!!! Dave, Renee & Isaac"

Virginia Smith said...

"Happy belated birthday. Age is primarily a mind thing - and, yes, I have the experience to know!! Ha.........."

Lauren said...

Happy b day.

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday!

Doylene & Arlen said...

You are blessed, Happy Birthday, girlfriend!!!!
Doy

Joy Starks said...

Happy B’Day young lady, as pretty as ever.

Tim and Kathy said...

Liz, a belated Happy Birthday to you. Hope you had a great one!!!! T & K

Ant Ellie said...

On your birthday, you are allowed to do whatever you want!! that's the rule!!

Barb and Jack said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Jack & I send our love to you on your special day. We didn't know but will surely remember next year as we put it on our calendar. This has been a tough year for you, but from where we sit you are very strong and have handled it with real love and class. Just remember, when we first saw you we thought it was a grandfather giving his grand daughter a ride on his motorcycle.........ha that's the truth. Our prayers are for a full recovery for you and Chuckie and that we will have the great opportunity to be in your company again.

God Bless,
Jack & Barb