Wednesday, November 28, 2012

CHAPTER 2: A Day In Uncertain

November 27, 2012


CHAPTER 2
A Day in Uncertain


While most of you were camping out in your pup tents, waiting in lines at Best Buy and fighting for parking spaces, I spent my Black Friday with my good bud Stephen headed to Uncertain......
Uncertain, Texas that is!


Cameras in hand, we hopped in the Jeep and headed a couple hours east to the Caddo Lake area.  
It's been years since I've been to creepy Caddo Lake.....swampy, alligators, Big Foot sightings....
and amazing....AMAZING out-of-this-world scenery.



And the icing-on-the-cake on the day??  
A cool slightly-abandoned, ancient family cemetary to explore and photograph.


A PERFECT Black Friday!!



5 comments:

Jack Wallace said...

Wow. Stephen told me about this … the pics are beautiful!

Doylene & Arlen said...

Isn’t that a wonderful piece of heaven? We spent our Black Friday at our son-in-laws deer lease (The Ranch) with our kids and grands, a wonderful weekend! Our oldest granddaughter, Darcy (21), shot a deer and our youngest, Codi (14), had the most skeets shot of the whole camp (about 28). We are proud grandparents of 2 “dainty” girls who can hunt and shoot. This Saturday we go to a Mother/Daughter/Grandmother Tea. Life is great!

Enjoying your photos, keep them coming,

Doy

Lynette said...

That really is a cool place, isn’t it? I remember the first time I went there as a kid. We camped out in the pickup ‘topper’. I remember thinking how creepy it looked. Doesn’t look like any other place in Texas that I’ve seen.

Patricia said...

Caddo Lake-stranger than fiction. A true natural wonder.

Ant ellie said...

What a beautiful raised walkway! Was that through the swamps?
What a neat town name....and did you find any unusual epitaphs
on the grave stones? I remember that little grave yard you and
I went to not far from your home and some of the graves showed
several children in one family died....it was really sad. But then other headstones had real unusual things written on them. Makes for interesting speculation and picture-taking! Sounds much more
interesting that a line a Best Buy!

take care and I love you both lots and lots.
the Thanksgiving post was so funny I am still laughing out loud!

take care. thank you for your interesting posts.
ant ellie