Sunday, February 24, 2013

GROWING SEEDS: "Mowing"


 
 
Back when Chuck and I first moved from Dallas to the lake, we purchased our very first riding lawnmower.  It was a charming shade of army-green and we both were giddy as kids with a new toy on Christmas morning.    The "plan" was that Liz would do the mowing and Chuck would do the supervising.  He taught me what all the buttons and levers on this fine machine did and the best plan of action for attacking the mowing of the yard.  I couldn't wait to get started!

Everything went great.....UNTIL........I came to these green dome topped lids on the side of the house called The Septic Tanks.  Being a "City Laker" and never having seen anything like this before, I remember thinking to myself, "I can just go over those...no problem".....About halfway over the first dome lid, I could feel the lawnmower shaking violently and the blades grinding to a halt.  I tried rocking back and forth, putting it in reverse and pushing it  to loosen the blades' grip on the lid, all to no avail.  So as I explained to Chuck about my little predicament, he came up with the fine idea of him "pulling" the mower as I "pushed" behind.  Sounded like a good plan!

UNTIL......

The lid and mower came loose which caused it, and me, to lunge forward and the left half of me to fall into the septic tank.  I don't recall whether the "pain" was worse than the sheer "grossness" of the situation, but all I knew was, mowing was not my "blessing".  

So, why am I telling you this?

Cause if mowing is YOUR blessing, we need you to express that blessing by joining the church "Yard Crew".  

FUMC has 4 teams that rotate mowing during growing season and each team is in need of more help.  And there are advantages to this job: You get to ride a nice, shiny slick tractor....and the church isn't on a septic system.

So why not contact one of the four team captains below for more information and sign up to help on one of these mowing teams.  

Afterall, "A Man Reaps What He Sows" (Galatians 6:7).

TEAM CAPTAINS:

Tim Gutschlag - 903-
Jack Abbott - 903-860-35000
Billy Jordan - 903-537-4390
Hal Gibson - 903-860-3021

No comments: