Sunday, April 28, 2013

GROWING SEEDS: "God's Will and My Mom

GOD'S WILL and MY MOM


"We are assured and know that (God being a partner in our labor) all things work together and are (fitting into a plan) for good to and for those who love God and are called according to (His) design and purpose."

Romans 8:28 (Amp.)



What do you think of when you read this verse above



I think of this time last year.  This very day last year, my Mom only had 2 days left on this earth.  My sister and I had just finished donating most of her clothes; clothes that I could look at and remember where I saw her wear them to....clothes that smelled like her....clothes that reminded me of happier times....clothes that embraced her life.  I squeezed her clothes close to me as if I were holding Mom close to me one last time before handing them over to someone else to wear.....



In much the same way, I handed Mom over to her Savior two days later....the very one that guaranteed.....GUARANTEED.....me that His will was being done in her life.....because she LOVED Him......and she BELIEVED in His will.
 



Is it possible for my heart to feel unimaginable aching with grief and yet, at the same time, the feeling of overwhelming euphoria?  Yes....cause it was God's will.



Between my selfish tears I'm dropping right now of my own loss.....nothing more....just my own loss,  I would like to share with you a snippet from my "prayer journal" this very day last year....



"I thank You, Father, for the time You have given us to prepare for Mom departing this world and entering a new, eternal, beautiful world with You.  I just want You to know that You will have the priviledge of having my best friend, a wonderful, thoughtful woman that You originally made, entering through those amazing gates to Heaven soon.  Take good care of her, show her around, let her sister Hazel be her first visit after seeing You and remind her that I loved her so very much and that she was the best Mom and Friend a daughter could have ever hoped for.  Let her know that, Father...ok?"


Yes, Mom WAS God's Will.

No comments: