Sunday, August 24, 2014

First-Day-On-Vacation-With-My-Man-To-Colorado-But-Have-To-Go-Through-Flatlands-103-Degrees-Weird-Rainy-Amarillo-First

August 24, 2014  - Amarillo, TX


This is what an 8-hour drive between East Texas and Amarillo looks like.  Eight LONG hours of THIS.....


We actually got fired-up when we drove side-by-side with a train for a few miles....

So, since this was an absolutely, nothing-happening-here kind of day, I thought I'd throw you some pictures we took while on the way......It pretty much tells the story of First-Day-On-Vacation-With-My-Man-To-Colorado-But-First-Have-To-Go-Through-Flatlands-103-Degrees-Weird-Rainy-Amarillo to get there.......
Prayer and a kiss before pulling out of the driveway.....

Goodbye to the neighbors.....

Molly dubbed her spot before we were out of the neighborhood....next to the treats, of course.

And I dubbed my spot right next to my main squeeze, Charlie.....


Tomorrow.....well, tomorrow is........
Second-Day-On-Vacation-Leaving-Amarillo-Entering-Heaven-Happy-Happy-Oh-So-Happy Day!!! 

11 comments:

John Kennedy said...

Hey you two, thanks so much for the updates. You are a truly lovely blessed couple, God Loves you and so do I. Praying for you, we are both in your corner. Have a blessed trip and vacation. Look forward to more updates if available.

Love You
John

JOHN

Wayne Manor said...

Liz & Chuck, have big fun. We enjoy reading about your adventures. We are staying cool in NE New York.

Liz Hurt said...

God speed. All I can say. I love you so much and am vicariously traveling with you. TOL

Georgia said...

I was going to send you text on Saturday to wish you a safe voyage and a fun vacation but it was your sabbatical day and I did not want to send you one on Sunday as I know you would read while driving. I don't want to encourage bad behavior. I have to tell you I am disappointed that you show you guys getting ready, being in the vehicle with the dogs but WHAT ABOUT KRUGER? There was no mention of that beautiful, sweet kitty.
Have a great time!!!!! We will miss you.
gg

Arlen & Doylene said...

Enjoy, my friends!

Israel said...

Hi Liz it's good to hear from you guys, let me know whenever you get to Colorado, I hope I can see you. Blessings.

Israel

Kathy Rachal said...

Ahhhhhhh!! Glad you're past that first DAY!! Love you. K

Dick and Bonnie said...

Glad to follow you guys on your trip!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!

Bonnie

Sandee said...

We've made that trip before. Thank God for air conditioning! Racing trains is about all there is to do in West Texas. I tried counting cows and fell asleep. It's a perfect time for lots of audio books. Sending good thoughts your way.

We are just back from Hawaii. Had an absolute ball, but are suffering jet lag for the first time in years. Guess my body isn't used to it any more.

We miss you but you are both absolutely in our hearts. Enjoy!

Love, Sandee

Charles Kurtz said...

Have a Safe and Blessed vacation. And please remind Charlie how very much we love him. And please know how thankful we are that he has you by his side.

Nonia said...

Better watch that speed or you will b right up with t temp.Have a good day.