Sunday, February 25, 2018

GROWING SEEDS: "Thank You, Lord....Thank You"


 
 
Billy Graham, 99, blinked his cataract eyes this week and looked straight eye-to-eye into his Heavenly Father's face.   Billy Graham had the Joy of Belief.....

"My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world."
Billy Graham

YES!  That is the quote I want to paint on my wall, tattoo on my hand and sticky-note to my rearview mirror.  That is the one thing we Christians tend to forget the most.  We are simply travelers in a foreign land here.....hiking our way Home.  And along this difficult earthly path, we try to spread the cure of the malignancy of the soul to everyone we meet (italic quote by Kathie Lee Gifford)......

Billy Graham taught us that our time on this earth is like a minute in eternity.  We get so caught up in the troubles and earthly possessions around us, we think we can't endure anymore.  Life is too hard....we have been wronged and hurt and alone and without....forgetting it's all temporary.  TEMPORARY.  The things of this world WILL grow strangely dim, friends.......

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus....look full in His wonderful face".  I can only imagine Billy Graham doing just that right now.  Eye to eye....hand to hand....he and Jesus sitting next to each other at this very moment.  The love of Billy's life here on earth, Ruth, who died several years ago, is sitting nearby with them.  I imagine Jesus talking to Billy as the Best Friends that they are.  I can't wait to be there when Billy receives his crowns.....so very many crowns....

And I can't help but ask myself, "Have I accomplished the work God intended for ME to do while journeying through my time on earth?  Have I honored him with my words, with my deeds, with my love like Billy did?  Or have I kept this cure for the malignancy of the soul to myself....not sharing it with everyone I meet or being the hands and feet of Christ every chance I got?  Why in the world would I keep this to myself," I ask.

There's a party happening in heaven this week....and the line is long with the many witnesses anxious to meet a white haired preacher named Billy Graham.  

Have your cameras ready, folks....I plan to shake his hand some day.

No comments: