Sunday, July 15, 2018

GROWING SEEDS: My Adoption

"Even before he made the world, 
God loved us and CHOSE us in Christ to be holy 
and without fault in his eyes."
Ephesians 1:4


What hope and peace this gives me as a CHOSEN adopted daughter of Gods.  He chose me......why....I'll never know.  I'm weak, have a hot temper, impatient nature, and I take my eyes off Him when Satan distracts me.  Why in the world would He want Liz Etheridge? There are so many better choices out there for Him.....
 
"God DECIDED in ADVANCE to adopt us into his own family
by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ.  
This is what he wanted to do, 
and it gave him great pleasure."
Ephesians 1:5

I visualize Him coming to the orphanage (this earth).  You and me, abandoned and orphaned children, are standing in a line as He looks us over, deciding which is worthy enough to come live at His house.  I see a coy smile spreading across His face....a  "I-know-something-you-don't-know" kind of smile, and as He looks into each of our desperate eyes, He announces, "I pick you all.  I'm closing down the orphanage and you all are coming to live with Me in my mansion up the hill!  You can call me Abba.....Father.....and you are now my forever child."
 
"He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding....
Ephesians 1:7

He picked us all.....rescued us from a life of abandonment and despair.  But did we, as orphans, also pick Him?  

"If anybody understands God's order for his children, 
it's someone who has rescued an orphan from despair, 
for that is what God has done for us.  
God has adopted you.  
God sought you, found you, signed the papers 
and took you home."  
Max Lucado

No comments: