Sunday, January 20, 2019

GROWING SEEDS: Fitting The Pieces Together

A few years back while cleaning out a closet, I found a puzzle box with no lid.  It looked to have at least 500 pieces and there was no way to tell what this puzzle picture was by the tiny pieces laying-in-wait in the box.  As I tried to decide whether to keep or throw it out, the rebel side of me said, "I bet you can't put it together without the box lid picture.  I-Double-Dog-Dare-You!",

So I took that bet from the rebel side of my brain.  I lay the pieces out on the dining room table, separated the colors and the flat sides from each other.  I managed, after a while, to get the frame of the puzzle completed.  But now came the hard part.  The guts.  I worked for hours trying to locate just one piece to fit into the outer frame of the puzzle.  I was about to give up when WHAM....a piece fit!  I stepped back...looked at the puzzle...and in true God form, felt Him saying, "This, Liz, is your life."  


And right there in the dining room...I saw my life in that puzzle.  I saw where, as hard as I might try, I can't see the whole picture of my life.  I can only see the pieces of my past completed and snapped together.  Only God sees the cover of the puzzle box...and only God knows how the pieces fit together to form a picture of your life.  He is the only one who knows the next piece that must be placed in the puzzle in order for the next piece to fit and eventually, the picture of our lives is complete.  He watches patiently as we tell Him to stand back and let us try to force-fit a piece that was never meant to fit there.  And He struggles to understand why we don't let Him help when He is the only One who has the benefit of seeing the whole picture. 

When the decisions, choices, and difficulties of this life threaten to overwhelm you, think back on this box of puzzle pieces and remember how impossible it is for us to know where the pieces of our life go without God's help.  And never forget; He's the only One who knows every curve and every angle of your life.  Let Him put the pieces together.

No comments: