Sunday, February 24, 2019

GROWING SEEDS: You - Are - A - Target

February 24, 2019


You - Are - A - Target

A number of years ago, I watched as a friend went from one crisis catastrophe after another.  It seemed as if she could barely catch her breath from one before another slammed into her.  And these weren't small hiccup attacks in her life....they were massive tsunami attacks.  Through it all, she kept her head up, a smile on her face and said the following to me:

"Christianity is a battle, Liz, not a dream."
Wendell Phillips

And boy-howdy was she right!  

Before God and I started getting to know each other (ok, He already knew ME, I just didn't know HIM), my life was EASY.  There were very few issues...struggles were scarce and life was one big beautiful trip to Disneyland.  The hardest decision I had was where to go for dinner that evening.  

But then the attacks started coming my way.  It seemed the more I got to know God, the stronger the attacks got to know me.  And I remember hearing these words:

"If you are a Christian, you are the target of Satan, the enemy of our souls.  It is his aim to lure you off the path of strength, life, and authority and onto a course of destruction."  

Friends,
Satan - Has - Your - Name - In - His - Crosshairs  

The side we choose to be on in this battle for our souls is what we have to ask ourselves.  There is no neutral territory you can stand on and be safe.  You have to pick a side.  But just remember; God chose YOU before He even created the earth.  He whispered your name while in your mother's womb as He was busy knitting you into the person you are.  He always had a mighty plan for your life.

Choose your battle side carefully....and remember; He promised He would win this battle.

No comments: