Sunday, March 24, 2019

GROWING SEEDS: I Don't Have To Know the Plan to Know There Is A Plan

March 24, 2019



"I don't have to know the Plan to know there IS a Plan."

Have you ever been angry at God?  My sister tells me it's okay to be angry with Him...that He can handle it...that He understands how we can get angry with Him when He takes us down roads that appear to be dead-ends and doesn't appear to be for our own good.  And I'll admit, I'm going down such a road right now.  

How about that....I'm human after all.

This week, I have vented rather harshly to God.  The question "Why" has occurred no less than 2,679 times in the form of "Why would You lead me down this road...answering prayer after prayer after prayer....only to get me within a few feet of the Finish Line and pull the rug out from under me?"  Yes....this has been a common prayer-rant of mine for the past two days.  It feels almost like a form of betrayal and actually cruel of Him to do or allow such a thing to happen.  

But then the picture of Mary and Martha pops suddenly into my mind.  I think of these two cool sisters standing by the bedside of their dying brother Lazarus, urgently sending a New Testament-text to Jesus who is only a short distance from their home.  They know...and BELIEVE...that if Jesus will just stop what He's doing and come quickly, He can save their brother Lazarus from certain death; after all, he is one of Jesus' best friends they reason!  But then they receive word that Jesus isn't coming right away...He's staying put for a few more days...and they are desperate to understand "why".  By the time Jesus arrived where Lazarus was, he had been dead and in the tomb for 4 days.

And that's where I am now.  "Lord, why did You lead me down this road only to desert me now?"

And He says to me like He said to Mary and Martha, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”  In other words, did I not tell you I had a plan?  You don't need to know the planLiz...you only need to believe there IS a plan.  Trust Me....it's for My glory and your own good.  

I promise.

No comments: