Friday, May 13, 2011

Hey Chuck, What's That Hanging Out The Rear Of The RV??

Friday, May 24, 2011


Awwww.......how I love traveling in the RV......

What I'm not particularly fond of is dragging the 50' electrical cord behind us....

Let me explain...

Yesterday, we were excited to be heading to the Diamond Mines in Arkansas with our friends, Kris and Steve, for a nice long weekend to dig for diamonds.  The RV was loaded and ready to go; Chuck was in the co-pilot seat; Murphy in his lap; trike trailered behind us and off we went.  We got to the gate of our community about 1/4 mile up the road when I glanced in the side mirror of the RV and see something dragging behind us.......As I focus my eyes on the foreign object following us, I see its our huge 50 amp electrical cord dragging behind the motorhome.
Not our RV......but that's pretty much what it looked like....only BIGGER
Yep, my co-pilot, aka Chuck, forgot to unplug us before we left home........

And here's the best part:  it's MY fault.  That's right; according to Chuck, since I'm (and I'm quoting here), "Captain of this ship (RV), its up to you (Liz) to make sure your (again, Liz) sailors do their job properly".

So, as I was rolling up the 50 foot electrical cord, which had completely unrolled itself during the last 1/4 mile, I remembered why I married this dork Charlie; and that is because there is never a single, solitary moment of dullness being married to my best friend.

Thanks for keeping life interesting, Charlie!!!!

11 comments:

Barry Crow said...

Post it notes on steering wheel come in handy with age. LOL

Barry Crow

Jacque said...

I love this one, so cute :)

Liz hurt said...

You two absolutely warm my heart!  I love you SO-O-O-O-O much!!!!!!

Israel said...

Liz, don't you know by now, somebody's got to take the blame? Hello!!

Israel

Tom Wardle said...

Liz, I am a bit confused. Your latest blog is dated Friday, May 24, 2011. I'm still on Friday the 13th. Did I miss 11 days somewhere?

Robert Jordan said...

Everyone knows Liz is in her own timezone!!!

Cynthia said...

What am I going to do with you ??? :) You are so sweet.. I giggled when I read that.. poor Chuck.. poor Murphy... they had to take the brunt of it.. Hee,Hee !!! but I bet you went easy on them.. right ?

I hope you find a huge Diamond in Ark... maybe you will have better luck than I had panning for Gold in Ca. I came up kinda empty.. that has been several years ago but it was fun anyway.. I hope to see you two one of these days.. We miss you but think of you often.. so take care and have lots of fun.. and I have nodoubt you will.. :)
Love you both,
Cynthia

Ant ellie said...

thank heavens it was not the septic hose discharge! Lets get our priorities in order.....toilet first....electricity second!! ha.! Your blogs are such fun to read. Next I want to hear that you mined a 5 million dollar diamond! and I am your ant! Ha.

I love you both.
ant ellie

Sherrie said...

"What do you guys do for medical insurance?"

ant ellie said...

addendum: By the way, we have dirt in Florida....I should be out there sitting in it right now pulling weeds as it rained here, and a whole new crop popped up! But I would rather be writing to the sweetest people
in the world and reading about their adventures!
ant ellie

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium for sale no prescription - false positive drug test valium