Sunday, May 15, 2011

You Know You're in Arkansas When.......

May 14, 2011 (Hey, did you guys know that yesterday was Friday the 13th??  I didn't either until someone who will remain nameless (Tom) mentioned I put the wrong date on yesterday's Blog....

This is what I have learned over the past couple days spending time in beautiful Arkansas:


YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN ARKANSAS WHEN.......

(NOTE:  If you were born in Arkansas; currently reside in Arkansas; have family that live in Arkansas; or know of someone who's parents are related in Arkansas.....please....I beg of you; don't send me hate mail over this Blog.....I LOVE Arkansas.....)

* The restrooms to the "finer" restaurants are outdoors.....

* The family vacation consists of going to Murfreesburo to sit in dirt piles looking for diamonds.....

* A fun-filled evening consists of hanging the family pet from a shepherd's rod just for kicks..........

* You see "No Hunting'" signs riddled with bullet holes


* You know the name of the State Bug......(of which, I do not know....they just have a lot of these critters hanging around......they give me the willies...)


AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....

*You say, "I voted for Clinton to get him out of the state."

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Well at least it wasn't Chuck hanging from the hook.. I guess he is being a "good boy" on this trip.. hope you both find a huge diamond.. I've always wanted to go and look for them.. Sounds like so much fun..

You two have a blast and come home safe.. :)
love you both and (Murphy)....:)
Cynthia

ant ellie said...

Somebody must be photoshopping the clintons....I don't think they have been together in years ...probably by choice....and these pictures were taken
years ago when they were younger! Anyway. that looks like a "Junie bug" to me.... they used to fly in the window when you were going down the highway, and their "claws" would cling to you and it would freak anyone out. If we really have the urge to dig, we need to dig in Blue creek, at the price of gold, that might be productive...at least we would cool off.....it must be 90 degrees and 98%humidity and millions of love-bugs....yuk. Sounds like you had fun though...and that is the ultimate goal.

Take care and have fun.
I love you both,
ant ellie

Ellen said...

Is that Murphy hanging up there? Where is the ASPCA when you need them :)?

Carla Melcher said...

Where are y'all in ark. I came here on Thurs. At airport now waiting on flight. Been here since 10:45 this morning. Have to give you details later.

Carla