Thursday, October 13, 2011

Connecting The Dots......

Thursday, October 13, 2011


These sweet people above are our friends, Norm and Sue, who live in Brenham, Texas; a neat little town in South Texas also known as home to Blue Bell Ice Cream.  Norm and Sue used to be our neighbors here on the lake in Mt. Vernon for many years but deserted us a few years ago to be closer to their kids.

Chuck and I have been blessed in so many ways over the years and we consider Norm and Sue one of those blessings in our lives.  We've laughed together; we've traveled together; we've argued together; we've confided in each other........we're family.

Something Steve Jobs said back many years ago has stuck in my head every since I heard it......."You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.  So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.  You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever."  Well, I don't know about Steve Jobs, but I know my trust isn't in my gut or my destiny or even karma.....my trust is in my God.  But Steve did have it spot-on when he said you can't connect the dots looking forward....only in looking backwards can we see how the dots in our lives connected.  I see quite clearly how my God placed Norm and Sue in the dots of my life and how very blessed, BLESSED Chuck and I are to count them as family.

I love driving around this neat little town.......It has great little antique stores and architecture that is so much fun to photograph......thought you might enjoy seeing a little of it too!

Enjoy!!





Molly sleeping all the way home......




8 comments:

Chuck Stein said...

We have stayed in the Ant Street Inn. Did you? Very inviting and comfortable accommodations.

Thanks,

Chuck

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing this part of your life with us, Liz. What you said is so true...our trust and hope is in the one, true God who holds our future. The pictures are so colorful! You have an eye for photography and I really like seeing your special "finds". Thanks for including me in your blogs! Tell Chuck hi for me. Nancy

Jeanette said...

Thanks for sending this blog....good to see Norm and Sue. Norm still hanging in there. I know you enjoyed the visit with them.

Regina said...

Oh Liz, how precious to have friends with such value!! And AMEN to our God!!

Israel said...

Good old friends you can count with your fingers.

Israel

Ant Ellie said...

Norm has lost some weight, Sue still looks the same.
I was drooling on the screen over those old rusted antiques.....oh yes! No wonder Molly was exhausted from all the antiquing! When you're tired, you rest....smart dog!

Say Hi to them for me! It is a shame they are so far away! take care and I love you both lots and lots.
You get good friends by being a good friend!

Love, ant ellie

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

This is the second blog I've read this evening talking about how important their friends are. Connecting the dots will always lead to a good friend.

I've nominated your blog for an award. Congrats! Just click link.

b

http://www.retireinstyleblog.com

Betty & Ernie said...

Liz: Thanks so much for the pictures of our friends( I consider them that. They are truly great people. Next time you see them or talk to them, please convey our very best wishes. I knew I liked Norm right away, . Isn't his last name Williams. He's Welsh like me.(Ha Ha). Thanks again.

Betty