Monday, October 29, 2012

EUCHARISTEO - "You-Kra-stay-o"

Eucharisteo.........
My Study on Thankfulness......

Friends, I am starting a a new study this week........a study on Eucharisteo........a study I have been quietly doing for the past year......I just didn't know there was a defining word for what I was doing.  It means to daily search for His blessings.....to fully experience these blessings......to write them down.....to snap them with my camera.....to see God in everything.....and to thank Him for everything........everything!  Even the not so good things.....because those are the things that change us.....that draw our eyes and heart away from ourselves and directly to Him.....

Because "life change" comes when we receive life with thanks and ask for nothing to change......So, thought I'd share a few of mine from this morning......


1)  My beautiful granddaughters who are amazingly full of spunk......full of looniness.....full of giggles.....who have blessed my life and who I will never, as long as I live, tire of hearing scream "LELE" when I walk into the room.


2)  This beautiful hat that reminds me of my dear Mom each time I see it.....I can't bring myself to wear it.....yet.....but some day I will wear it with a smile as big as she had that day my sister and I placed it on her head at Wal-Mart.....

3)  This hat that my nephew, 2nd Lieutenant Lance Calloway, gave me.......because it has his wonderful DNA on it......and is a constant reminder of the boy he used to be.....and the man he has become.........

4)  My sweet, funny, crazy friend Patsy who always made me giggle with her rib-tickling, infectious laugh ......her beautiful smile.....and her forgiving ways towards others.  I will forever miss my sweet friend.....but will always chuckle when I look at her gardening hat and remember her priceless ways.....


5)  All of my Sisters.......of which I have many.....My birth sister, Debbie, who I would gladly, willingly, freely give my life for.  She has brought such happiness, joy and yes, many tears to my life.  God blessed me with this incredible woman whom I love dearly.  

And my Sisters in Christ.......those who have walked down difficult roads with me.....holding my hand....many times carrying me through tough times.....and loving me all the way back to healing.  God dropped these remarkable and amazing women into my life at just the right times and some, He took out of my life at just the right times.....You know who you are......and you know you own a portion of my heart.....and I keep you on a chain around my neck so I can reach up and hold you in my fingers whenever I need you.

Want to try it with me?  I'd love to hear what you're thankful for today......

I promise your life will never be the same..........


12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Pure awesomeness of gratitude and emotion sweet sister in Christ! Being a recovering Catholic, that word is so close to Eucharistic that I thought at first we were having communion...but then again, when we are thankful to God for everything, we are in communion with Him. As it should be. The good things and NOT so good things, because they are all for His purpose. Thank you for reminding me that even in things like hats there is gratitude..and especially in things like the love of another (child, dog, friend) there is the great joy and love .
I am so thankful for you sweet friend.

Nyla said...

First of all, I'm happy to have you as a friend!!, and am thankful for all the prayers that have brought me this far through my great life. Thanks for you ar. I love you Liz. Nyla

Terri Hughes said...

"I am thankful for the awareness of Him. Knowing I can hide there and take my family and friends there through His sacrifice and prayer. Hidden in Christ, the most special place in the worlds. Thank you Liz for your blog. You always seem to express with pen what I feel in my heart. Sisters."

Denise said...

I'm so thankful that I've reconnected with you Liz, and have you to talk to and tell my problems to sometimes. I'm thankful that I've finally found someone that is on the same religious wave length that I am on, that I can relate to and understands how I feel and what I'm going through..... Just wish we lived closer, but at least thanks to the internet we can communicate and keep in touch !
D

Sammie said...

"I am thankful for your Blogs and that you are my "sister "!!!! I needed this today!!!"

Jackie said...

Liz -

As always you know just what to say .....

So I am THANKFUL ...

1) Murphy's Mom Blogs!!!! The pictures and inspirational message you share are beautiful and unique - just like YOU!

2) Cooler weather!

3) Family and Friends that have come and gone from my life!

4) Animals (past and present) who have given me such companionship over the years.

5) All of God's wonderful creations on this Earth. But, especially the ocean and it's beaches. Whenever I can visit, the serenity of the surroundings have a profound effect on my life!!!

BUT ... I am glad you phonetically sounded that huge word out. However, I must admit ... I still CANNOT seem to say it!!!

Israel said...

Hi Liz, personally I have so many reasons to be thankful, being alive is one of them let alone all the bountiful blessings the Lord send my way. I can't number the blessings, but He is so good to me and I praise Him for it. To sum it all up I'll say this...The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want... Blessings to you and Chuck.

Israel

Donnita said...


I am thankful for the many blessings in my life, my beautiful grandson whose infectious laugh makes my day everyday. My husband and best friend, David who listens to me no matter if I am complaining, telling a story or just carring on, he never cuts me off or complains. My son who has become this amazing man and father, he would give the shirt off of his back for his family.
I am also thankful for the friends I have. Mainly I am thankful to God for allowing all these wonderful people to be in my life and provide us with such beautiful places to live, see and admire.

Regina said...

So cool! It is so easy for me to forget to be thankful for the amazing life I have. I'm so grateful He is my Lord full of grace for people like me! When I saw the subject line of your blog I immediately thought of Eucharist which is what Catholics call the white wafer they get in communion. How awesome is that?!?! Thankfulness. Looking for His hand in EVERYTHING! May I join u in this journey?

I am sitting here in my "Gasthaus" (German for small local hotel) in Beilstein Germany for 5 of the 8 days my kids have for fall break. There are 130 people living in this tiny, incredibly picturesque hamlet. I hope u Google it as I COULDN'T FIND MY CAMERA! Yes I can & will take pics with my phone but its hardly as good. AGGHH!

The church bells are ringing, my children are working on some stuff, my hubby has some work & the dog is taking a nap. We head up the hill to the castle ruins in a bit then off to Rick Steve's fave castle in Europe Burg Elsz? I need to look it up again. Tomorrow a bike ride along the Mosel river. Friday an indoor waterpark as weather is supposed to be yucky. Sat a leisurely breakfast & then we head home.

Want anything from Germany? Do I have ur mailing address?
I love you sistah!!

Sandee said...

Dear Liz,

I LOVE YOU!!!! I'm starting my own search today. Sandee


Sandee Casey

Regina said...

Precious Liz,

I would LOVE to do this study with you!! I do know that I am blessed but cannot tell you how often people have said to me, "You are always so busy!!" (you can plug in frantic, frenetic, as well
It seems as much as I try to slow down, savor my life, I'm forever doing something that makes me run around like my hair is on fire. On the one hand it's exhilarating to be running around like that.

On the other hand, it's exhausting and impossible to appreciate where I am and what's going on - stay connected to the people I cherish - and, most importantly, stay plugged in to the God I adore.

Ant Ellie said...

I have been thinking about the wonderful words you have written.....and I adopted
another lady's habit. When she would get out of bed in the morning and
shuffle to the bathroom, she had a habit of saying "thank" and "you" with each
step instead of saying "right" and "left". It sure starts you day off in a good mood
and makes you thankful for being able to walk. But there are so many other
opportunities to be grateful for and it's hard to be in a bad mood when you
are grateful!
thanks for your reminder. I love you both lots and lots.
ant ellie