Sunday, February 17, 2013

GROWING SEEDS: "Sharing Our Faith"


 
 
 
Do you remember who first shared their faith with you that brought you to where you are right now?  Do you remember that pivotal moment?

I certainly do.  

Mine started with Becky Arterbury and it continues because of YOU.  Each of you have shared your faith with me at different times and in many different ways.  As you sit here in church reading this article, I want you to know that YOU witnessed to me by your hug, your listening, your kindness.  Maybe it was something as simple as saying "Good Morning" to me or maybe as deep as sharing my tears on a traumatic event in my life.   And most likely, you didn't realize God placed you in that moment to witness to me.
 
See, you share yourself and your FAITH by "practicing" your faith to everyone you meet; whether you realize it or not.  It may be as simple as smiling at the cashier at Brookshires; or helping an elderly person across the busy parking lot at Wal-Mart.  Maybe its giving up that front row parking spot for someone who is in a hurry.....or giving your time to serve those in need.  Maybe its for apologizing even when you weren't wrong.  Each of these are moments God has given you to witness about Him to others.  He put those people into your life at that instant as an opportunity for you to be blessed. It's up to us whether we accept this amazing opportunity......or not.

I've come to the conclusion that God allows me to go through hard times so I can witness to others of His faithfulness and the blessing that goes with it.  Billy Graham I'm not.......and the mere thought of standing in front of a group of people causes me to break out in a cold sweat and requires a lot of water to unstick my tongue from the roof of my mouth.  But sharing your faith doesn't require you to preach to thousands of people; it can be as easy as embracing the visitor at church, like you did to me when I first visited this church, or inviting your neighbor to church, like Becky did, or to the upcoming city-wide evangelistic series being held at the high school on March 3-6.

Find "your" way of sharing your faith, and have a great time counting how many people God places in your path today....and how many times you've been blessed because of it.

"There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents
than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance."
Luke 15:7

There is no greater joy in the world than leading someone to Christ.

No comments: