Sunday, May 26, 2013

GROWING SEEDS: "My Race-My Life"

 
 
My Race....My Path

Over the years, I've had this reoccurring dream I wrote about below.  I would wake up; exhausted....and lay there in the dark not daring to move before rewinding the dream back in my mind so as not to forget it.....I would then grab my pen and journal and write it all down.  The pocket verse this week reminded me of that repetitive dream and this race we are all on....this race called Life....."And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus...."  I hope you see Your Life in my dream......

As I travel down the dusty path called My Life, I am met with breaktaking sunrises and jaw-dropping sunsets throughout my journey.....and I thank You for the promise of each bright new day.
 
New bridges to cross and old bridges to burn....And I thank You for this amazing journey You've taken me on to teach me which rickety bridges to avoid ahead.
 
Tall mountains to climb and desolate barren valleys to cross.  And I thank You for these sore muscles, loneliness and struggles that teach me endurance.
 
People I meet along the way that make me smile.....Others along the way that make me cry.  And I thank You for these relationships that teach me not everyone that comes into my life is meant to stay there.
 
Obstacles on the path that force me to detour.....sometimes through fields of cactus and other times, through colorful poppy-filled meadows.  And I thank You for giving me patience to walk slowly through the thorns and to enjoy the beauty of the meadow.....
 
You have blessed me, favored me and protected me down this dusty path called My Life....And we know that by perseverance the snail reached the ark.....and with perseverance and faith, I too, will reach my ark.
 
And I thank You for this dusty, grungy and beautiful journey You have walked beside me on.....stepping ahead of me and keeping me from tripping on that rock I didn't see.  For taking the cataracts off my eyes so I can see the brilliance of the maple trees.  For taking the plugs out of my ears so I can hear the breathing of my loved one as he sleeps....
 
And for filling my very soul with Your Spirit.....so I can feel the warmth of Your grace as I fix my eyes upwards on this journey called My Life.

No comments: