Sunday, October 20, 2013


 
 
"GATHERING"

"God prunes us when He is about to take us into a new season of growth and expansion."
~ Christine Caine

Can I pray first before writing to you today?

Father, guide these fingers of mine as I transcribe the words You dictate and want said to this amazing child of Yours reading this right now.  Touch their heart....let them hear You speaking to their very soul at this exact moment.  Thank You Father, for always, ALWAYS listening and hearing our prayers.  Amen.

Over the past couple years, I have felt a "change" happening....not just in my own life, but also in my sister-girlfriends around me.  Suddenly, God was dropping women in, AND OUT, of my life at a rapid pace.  As I inched closer and closer to God in my personal relationship, suddenly the most amazing Godly women were popping up everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.  Not just at church, but in the grocery store, at the car repair shop, at the RV campground.....even at the dollar store.  It was SO obviously God.  Each time it happened, I would just look up, smile and whisper "thank you" for bringing these new, wonderful relationships into my life that were guiding, strengthening and holding my hand down this journey I was on.  At the same time, He was also removing women who had been in my life for years.  Some I considered Godly women, others were just going through the motions with God.  As He removed certain ones from my life, my heart grieved for the loss of these friends.

But what I have discovered is this:  change isn't just happening to me.  It's happening to many of you reading this.   Right here, in our own church, in our own community, in our own circle of friends and sisters, there is a gathering of women hungry....STARVING....for a relationship with Jesus.  This has nothing to do with denomination but has everything to do with the Holy Spirit.   Christian women are wrestling right now - all ages, all traditions, all shapes and sizes.  There is something stirring in the hearts of women all around the world right now......and it's awesome to see.  I, for one, want......no......NEED to be a part of it.

And there is something BIG happening for my sisters-in-Christ on February 7, 2014 to help meet this desire.  If you are feeling these same stirrings....these same nudging's and if you are needing to gather and unleash yourself to live out God's purpose, please let me know.  I'd love to let you in on what is happening as the new year begins.  I want to see women who have never felt welcome or felt like they belong.....or those who don't do the whole "church institution" thing very well......I want to see women like ME, being a part of this amazing experience.

Interested?  Email me at chuckie2@aol.com

No comments: