Friday, January 1, 2016

Keeping Our Heads Above Water - Chapter 5

January 1, 2016

I've been rotating 2 pairs of jeans and 2 sweatshirts for the past 5 days....one "Go HOG" sweatshirt whose "S" fell off long ago and one "Mexican University" hoodie I picked up at Goodwill years ago.  Much of our clothes got wet in this flood and it was long past time to do laundry.  Things were starting to smell wompy....

So today......my friend Cheryl and I spent the day entertaining the residents of "The Laundromat". 


Did you know they charge $3.00 to wash a load of clothes in Mt. Vernon and $0.25 for 8 minutes of dryer time?  DANG.  I'm naming tomorrow as "Fix-The-Washing-Machine-Day" at the Etheridge houseboat.  We need to really focus and concentrate on getting those pine needles and mulch out of my washing machine ASAP.

But if I have to spend quality time at The Laundromat, I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend it with than Cheryl.  She's just crazy enough to make this entertaining....like not locking the washer before starting it.  The little Chinese lady at the machine next to mine started speaking 157 miles an hour in a foreign tongue and pointing frantically at my machine....where water was gushing out the bottom of the washer onto the floor.


And dropping and breaking the unopened bottle of wine on the floor that we had planned on sharing while the clothes dried.  Oh yes....it's always fun with Cheryl.  Always.


So much happened today at The Laundromat that I will share later, but for now, let me just say that I ran into God doing laundry at The Laundromat today too.  He had a few hearts to wash....and the ol' Boy was making miracles happen right before my eyes....and He was singing at the top of His lungs "You're FREE!!!" to the people that visited that place today.

Today.....today was a GOOD day!






6 comments:

Maaike said...

Good morning, Liz ,just let you know you made me laugh this morning, so happy I am friends with this funny crazy ladies, hope you have again a great day, !!!!!

Kristi Key said...

You are an inspiration to me and many more

Jo Hanson said...

Bless you..

Julie Grant said...

greatest post ever ..

Judy Kirkland said...

Love your adventures!

Pat Pond said...

Liz, I just read your blog and had my usual reaction to anything you post; namely, you have the best outlook on life and its pleasures and its vicissitudes and its heartaches of anyone I know. Thanks for being an inspiration, as always. You and Chuck are in my prayers.