Sunday, January 8, 2017

GROWING SEEDS: I Want You To Learn A New Habit

 


"I want you to learn a new habit. 

Try saying, "I TRUST You, Jesus" in response to whatever happens to you. 

When you view events from this perspective - through the LIGHT of My universal Presence -
FEAR loses its grip on you." 
Sarah Young


When we moved into our first of two temporary houses last year, although we were warm, comfortable and grateful, I couldn't shake this nagging feeling that "something" was missing.  It wasn't till three weeks into our stay that I went looking for Q-tips in our storage unit, and I saw it...that "something" missing.

There, amongst the sofas, tables and beds, was a floor lamp.  A simple, unattractive lamp I had once purchased from the Salvation Army that had stood by my side every day for years, illuminating my Bible in the mornings and providing light as I poured words into my blogs and church bulletin articles.  I dragged it to the temporary house and sat it down right next to a chair I had been using for my morning quiet time.  There are no words to express the JOY I felt when I turned this lamp on.  It provided warmth, not just to the room, but to me.  Almost like......it gave me life....it gave me HOPE.

"A lamp is just a piece of furniture until its plugged into a power source. 
When light emanates from that lamp, it brings forth more than light. 
It brings forth clarity, even life, into the room. " 
Kristi Watts


I remember looking at that lamp from every angle.....even from outside on the deck through the window.....and feeling pure joy.  Fear of the unknown was replaced with joy from the light of His presence.  Like a warm blanket on a cold day, I felt His amazing companionship in the light from that lamp.  He had gifted me with this tiny piece of Home......

It's the same way when we read the pages of His Word.....we feel His "Light" embracing us....warming us.....giving us hope.  We stand up taller, we speak a little louder and we walk more confidently....because we're no longer afraid of the dark....we're walking in the Light.

"I am the Light of the world. 
Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the Light of Life." 
John 8:12

No comments: