Sunday, March 26, 2017

GROWING SEEDS: The Cure

 

 


 "The Cure"

This morning as I was preparing to write this article....visualizing the blind-man-turned-begger-turned-hopeless, sitting on the side of the road and wondering what God needed to say to you and me about this story, I receive a text from my friend Robin who simply said, "Good Morning My Friend....LONG LONG LONG time no hear!!  I am going to send you a book you MUST read.....from the moment I cracked the cover, I thought of you.  It's called, 'The Cure'."

"The Cure:  What If God Isn't Who You Think He Is And Neither Are You"

Robin doesn't know it yet, but God just used her to write this bulletin article.  The title says it all, doesn't it?  The Cure.  The disciples just automatically assumed this man....let's call him Dave.....that Dave had sinned in the womb (??) or else his parents had sinned somewhere along the way that caused his blindness from birth.   He longed for a cure....longed to see what the sky looked like.....longed to live a normal life.

"My Grace is Sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9


But God had other plans.  He planned on using Dave to teach YOU and ME some 2000 years later that His grace....oh yes, His wonderful Grace.....happens smack-dab in the middle of our massive weakness.  And Dave, who puts his hands in the waters of the Pool of Siloam....brings them up to his empty eyes....and slowly opens his now baptized eyes, and sees the reflection of his face in the water for the first time ever.  He - Was - Cured.

"I entered this world to render judgment -
to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see -
that - they - are - blind." 
John 9:39


BAM!  We are ALL blind....no different from Dave-the-Blind-Beggar.....but are we willing to baptize our eyes (heart) in the Grace of God just as Dave obediently baptized his eyes in the Pool of Siloam so many years ago?  Is your blindness getting in the way of seeing God in your reflection?

No comments: