Sunday, August 19, 2018

GROWING SEEDS: Heaven .......101

"Has this world been so kind to you 
that you leave with regret?
There are better things ahead 
than any we leave behind."
C.S. Lewis



I love dreaming about Heaven.  Seriously.  I have thought about and visualized what my life in Heaven will be like every-cotton-pickin'-day for the past ten years.  

Heaven.  Do you ever just sit and visualize yourself there?  Can you picture that exact moment when you go from here to there.....when that last breath has left your lungs and you travel past the stars straight into the gates of Heaven?  I picture a reception line of my favorite people who arrived there before me; witnesses to my life cheering me on as I take those last final steps into my forever Home.  And who but Jesus Himself holding His arms out saying, "Welcome Home, Liz"!  

Sometimes I think I can actually feel the skin of His hand as He takes my hand in His and leads me over that finish line.

I worry that most of us are so wrapped up in the journey, we forget to focus on the destination.  Chuck and I used to travel each summer in a motorhome.  We would read and study about where we wanted to go...we would pull out our Good-Sam map and figure out what route we wanted to take....and would feel the excitement as we "anticipated" arriving at this destination we had only dreamed about.  Our main focus was never on how rough the road was going to be or how long it would take to get there.....our eyes were always on the joy of the destination.

And shouldn't we feel the same way about Heaven?  As Billy Graham once wrote, "My home is Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world."  Shouldn't we also see Heaven as the goal line?

This world is simply a journey, friends.....it was never meant to be your home.  A new house is nearly ready for you there.  Moving day is coming.  One day soon you will be home  - for the first time.  
 
"For we know that when this earthly tent (body) we live in is taken down 
(that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), 
we will have a house in heaven, 
an eternal body made for us by God Himself and not by human hands.  
We grow weary in our present bodies 
and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing."  
2 Corinthians 5:1-2

No comments: