Sunday, October 6, 2019

Growing Seeds: "When You Walk Through A Storm"


WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM

It seems right now, most everyone I know is going through an EF5 tornado in their lives.  There may not be wind or rain, but there are certainly storm clouds enveloping them with a strange darkness that has fallen on their path and the sound of silence from the only One who could rescue them is all they hear.  My heart is heavy with concern.....and my prayers are getting longer and longer each morning as I add names to the ever-growing list of people in my life who are barely able to put one foot in front of the other.  Tears are the norm in my morning quiet time these days.....and I long for peace to be a part of their lives once again. 


Then I hear these words: 
"The journey is too great for you".  1 Kings 19:7
And like a light being turned on in a dark room, I am reminded that this journey is indeed too great for us.....and that God invites us each second of each day to STOP and find REST in Him......rest that can truly sustain us for today's journey. Tomorrow we will wake to find ourselves a mile closer to our true Home He has prepared for us, but for today, let Him lead as we travel on. 
He shines His light one inch at a time in front of us. It's all we can handle.  And we are led, safely....one step at a time....out of the darkness and into the bright and shining light of Home.
“This moment, this place, is none other than a gate into Heaven.”

No comments: