Sunday, April 19, 2020

GROWING SEEDS: "God Is Like A Chiropractor"

 
 
"God is like a Chiropractor"

You’re going to need to keep going back for realignment.

I chuckled when I read that line above in a friend's blog the other day.  Maybe because I myself am needing to see the chiropractor for a dislocated elbow that keeps popping in and out of my life and causing me pain....OR...maybe its because I know, since I've walked this road with God many times before, that when He tells me to "Come and get away with Him", he's not saying, "Just once and you will be aligned."  But what He's actually saying is, "Liz, every morning when you get up, come and let me re-align You and help you through the day ahead."  I guess you could say it's like taking vitamins.....you can't just take them for one day.  You must take the vitamins every - single - day in order for them to work. 

Just as we know a chiropractor brings healing by realigning the bones, muscles, and nerves, we also know that if everything is put back into proper order, healing will take place.

So often we consider the time at church on Sunday our God re-alignment.  It's our once-a-week "fix" trip to have ourselves snapped back into place.  But how do you feel on Monday?  Back to feeling a little stressed?   A little different than you did on Sunday?  It's because you need intentional space with God every day....not just Sunday (or Saturday)!  The key word here is "Intentional".  Yes, reading your Bible and studying diligently will bring you closer to God.  But when You have that private consultation with Him to discuss the things that are hurting you...those big rocks in your life you can't seem to climb over...well, that's called Intentional Time and those are the moments God loves spending with You the most.  That is the doctor-patient consultation time. 

That is when He snaps your dislocated spots back into place.


"Make straight the paths you walk on,
that your halting limbs may not be dislocated,
but healed."
Hebrews 12:13

No comments: