Sunday, April 12, 2020

GROWING SEEDS: "Peace Be With You"




I currently live in a campground.  Walleye Park Campground to be exact.  I sold my house in December to a couple who had spent years of weekends at their cabin in Walleye Park.  We traded houses.  They bought mine....I rented theirs.

And an interesting thing happened last week at Walleye Park.  It had been mostly empty until the world shut down from the virus.  Suddenly, campers started arriving.  Walleye Park started filling up.  Families started living life together and I felt like a bug-on-the-wall of the campers' lives from the view in my cozy rented cabin.  I could see them smiling, laughing, enjoying life with each other in front of their campfires and fishing off the shore.  Life as they knew it may have shut down, but they ignited life once they hit the Park.  It was such a contrast to what I was seeing on Fox News or CNN.

I saw Peace on their faces.

Imagine with me for a minute, will you?  Two-thousand years ago....in a park much like Walleye.  Can you see Jesus' eyes blink open as He lay in the tomb?  A tomb, I might add, that was a "virgin" tomb (a never-before-used tomb)....just like the "virgin" Womb He had been born from.

Pause....and think about that for a minute.

A smile most certainly must have crossed His face as He opened His eyes.  Can you see Him standing up.....maybe even stretching a bit....before moving the stone that blocked the entrance to His tomb in the park?  Do you see Him look up into Heaven as He walked out into the early morning dew?  It was still dark, the Bible says, and the park was quiet...peaceful....as He waited for the world to experience the miracle that had just occurred.  I see a sly grin on His face as He knows what’s coming next.

This, my friends, is the blessing of Easter morning.

If you believe this happened, then you have no fear of the future.  You have no concern of the world imploding or the stock market crashing or even death.  Because death has no sting....if you believe in Jesus.  He took your sting of death from you when He placed it on Himself at the cross.  It was a trade-off, actually.....

He TOOK Your death....He GAVE you His life.

Beginning of story.



“Easter is a time when God turned the
Inevitability of Death....
Into the
Invincibility of Life.”

Craig D. Lounsbrough

No comments: