Sunday, December 27, 2020

#1 Weapon Of Your Enemy


The pastor at the Christmas Eve service this year said a recent poll completed suggested the #1 thing people fear most is.....wait for it....Fear of Rejection.

It was a surprise to me that Rejection beat out fear of Death, Pandemic, Rioting and Elections for that #1 position. But then again, no it didn't.

I have felt the sting and fear of rejection much like you  have at some point in your life. Truth be told, I have felt it quite recently. It's a flaw and weak-spot in the armor of my soul. I know this about myself and I also know that I'm not the only one who knows about this weakness of mine. My enemy, Satan, is also acutely aware. Matter of fact, he knows my weaknesses better than I do.....and that's where he targets his arrows.

In war, it's always important for each side to know the other sides weakest point when strategizing a battle plan. The enemy won't attack where you have the most reinforcement and have the strongest front line. They'll always target the least obvious.....least protected....and easiest to break through areas of our character. And that's what Satan does to us. He observes us....he forms a battle plan....discovers where we are weakest and attacks us from that angle.

Because he knows if he can break through that barrier, he can attack you from within.

So build up those unprotected areas of yourself....."Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8). Remember; we are weakest when he convinces us we are walking alone.

Fear of Rejection. Recognize it when you see it. It's a #1 weapon of your enemy.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about YOU." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments: