Wednesday, March 2, 2022

A Cord of Three Strands Is Not Easily Broken

 A few years ago, a good friend from Mt. Vernon, Deborah Morris, came up to me after church and asked me if I had a shirt of Chuck's that she could borrow for a bit. As I went through my closet and looked through his shirts, I found one of his favorite shirts; it was a pressed and starched shirt (he always had to have his shirts starched and pressed) from the company he founded; Computer & Environmental Air Conditioning Company...C & E Air. I brought it to church the next week and handed it over to Deborah who proceeded to return it to me a few weeks later made into a pillow with 2 connected hearts at the bottom.

 
 It was beautiful....it was touching....and it made my heart soar!!

Fast forward 3 years.

Yesterday, I came home to a package waiting at the front door for me. Inside was the most beautiful wooden plaque with 3 corded ropes forming a cross. The words said, "A Cord of Three Strands Is Not Easily Broken", a quote from Ecclesiastes 4:12 that says, "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken."

This is referring to the union of two people and how this union can only be successful by having a 3rd person in the marriage. God.

There are simply no words to express my appreciation and love for this friend Deborah who has walked through two important chapters of my life with me and offered her support through both. My heart is so full of love for her....thank you, Deborah, from the bottom of my heart!!



No comments: