Sunday, October 2, 2022

Recalibrate

 

 

Recalibrate.

I've been fascinated by that word over the past 7 days....away from the routine, the usual, and the mundane.

In some ways, I feel like we've been on a world tour....visiting family and friends, visiting lighthouses and learning how to candlepin bowl and making sure we don't miss a single tree changing colors. But as much as I've enjoyed all these things, it's been the quiet nights in front of a fire having a cup of coffee or tea that has soothed my soul the most. Gentle guitar music playing in the background as I listen to my husband list the 5 things he is thankful for that day.

My recalibration.

Most of us think we have to rush through this short life....so much to do; little time to do it. We end up tipping the scales in the direction of weighing ourselves down with too much busy.

But there are those who have discovered that too much busy and not enough fireside chats & coffee cause the scales to fall. I long to learn the secret of keeping the scales level.

But until I do, I'll continue to spend time recalibrating my priorities...leveling the playing field of my days.

I hope you'll also find time to recalibrate your hurried lives.

Because friends, life IS short.

 

 

































No comments: