Sunday, August 8, 2010

DAY 39: A Rock To The Head on Rocky Road in Rocky Mountain Park

DAY 39:  Estes Park, CO - August 8, 2010



Ahhhhhhh.......just another beautiful 79 degree day in Paradise.......

We found a new "rocky road" in the Rocky Mountain National Park (get it??  I just made a funny...) today that we hadn't traveled yet......and because it wasn't raining or hailing like it usually does on us, we decided to ride helmetless so we could take in the whole experience of the sites, sounds and smells of the park........which was great UNTIL.....a  big BUG hit me on the side of my head.....which was followed by a big ROCK that hit me on the forehead.....I do not know how those Harley riders stay alive....they never wear helmets.....

YES I have a bruise on my forehead and YES, I did immediately pull over and put my helmet on.....errrrrrr.....

It has been brought to my attention by a "couple" of responses to yesterday's Blog with regards to the Goodwill gifts I am picking up for my sister, that I eerily resemble the little "Love Is" statue I picked up for her in Colorado Springs.  I was asked to put a side by side picture of the statue and myself on today's Blog.......so......here ya go........I personally don't see the resemblance......


What do you think??

11 comments:

Denise said...

Yep, they're right, the little statue does look a lot like you !!! Very cute !
Denise
P.S. Have my adoption papers been delivered yet ?

Ellen said...

I love it. You could be her prettier twin.

Jeanette said...

YOU DONT HAVE BIG EYES LIZ...HEEE HEEE!

Sherrie said...

Well......Geez!..... Does the statue resemble you? hmmmmmm......

I can safely say a resounding, "yes" especially the big floppy eyelashes that I am sure you bat when writing your wonderful blog.

Sorry about the bug, but be glad it was your face and not your mouth. Of course had it been your mouth you could have simply spit. Sorry about the rock, but thank God it was your head, its tough as nails.

Thanks God for your blog as it opens up the clouds and lets in a ray of sunshine into our lives.

Sherrie

Donna said...

No, your nose isn't flat.

Ant Ellie said...

Dear Liz.....twins! what a strong resemblance. You should model for that artist! Maybe he saw you out and about and did this from memory..... before the bug and the rock incidents.....You can still use all your senses with the helmet on........seeing, smelling... except the risk to life and limb without head protection....you have got me worrying now....
you both plese stay safe. I love you both.
ant ellie

Jean Price said...

hi-sounds like you are having a great trip!

Brenda said...

"I am so thankful for you and your blog.
You have a way of bringing a smile to peoples lives no matter what kind of day
they have had. What a special gift.
Thanks for sharing it with us

Brenda"

Debbie said...

Way to start my day with a smile.

Israel said...

Wuv you guys!!

Israel

Jacquetta said...

love the picture!