Friday, August 20, 2010

DAY 51: Liz's Definition of a "REAL" Harley Rider.........

DAY 50:  Spearfish, South Dakota - August 19, 2010


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!

Beartooth Pass - I stole the pic from Google Images

Another stolen picture of Beartooth Pass....
Well folks, in two more days, we're moving on......we don't know where yet......well, we kinda do; we're headed to Beartooth Pass in Montana...no Wyoming...no Montana......well, actually its in BOTH.  What's a Beartooth Pass, you ask??  It's just suppose to be the most AWESOME motorcycle road anywhere!!  It's just north and a little east of Yellowstone and we missed it last year, so come Hades or High Water, we ARE going to ride the motorcycle on Beartooth Pass!  I don't care if its snowing, hailing, raining or if Yellowstone's underground Super-Volcano with 10,000 times the force of Mt. St. Helens erupts about the time we get there......WE ARE GOING TO RIDE THE BEARTOOTH PASS!


So, what did we do today, you ask?  Glad you asked.......

We met our Harley neighbors next door from Nebraska who are, what I consider, die-hard Harley people......They scare me; they intimidate me and they mess with my mind.  This is a prime example of why Chuck and I are Honda riders......Check it out....
They have been telling us all about the Sturgis Rally which, like I told you a month ago, requires you to have the following:  1) A "DIE-HARD" Harley man must have either a ponytail or be bald  2)  a "DIE-HARD" Harley man has a minimum of 10 tattoos, one of which MUST be an eagle 3) a "DIE-HARD" Harley woman must be willing to go topless on Topless Tuesday or pantyless on No-Panty Wednesday of the Rally 4) and lastly, a "DIE-HARD" Harley couple are not allowed to "wave" at Honda riders (that really chaps me...).

Now, I certainly am not aiming to get any Harley readers ticked at me if they consider themselves "REAL" Harley riders yet don't meet all of the above requirements....this is simply Liz's observations only.  We were hearing about everything from "panty shots" to......to.....well, I'm just going to leave it at that and NO, I am not going to explain what a "panty shot" is........use your imagination and you will be spot on.......



Our other neighbors, from North Dakota, are "calm" like us......  Now, in saying that, I must tell you they have a part motorcycle and part volkswagon that is turqouise on the outside and hot pink on the inside.  Although this would not be my "favored" mode of transportation, it seems to work for them.

Oh ya, I ate my first Buffalo Burger today!  Yuuummmm...........

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Your killing me

Cherie said...

Oh girl.... I am a harley fan from wayyy back! Even had my own... well co-owned it with my "die hard" harley boyfriend! lol. We had a harley trike built, it was sweet. Bennie... was half indian half english... looked indian but was able to grow a moustache.. had jet black long hair, and a few tatts.. not quite 10...and yes I believe one of them was an eagle! lol.... those were the days let me tell ya... don't be scared of harley riders... the group i hung out with were quite tame, though we probably looked pretty intimidating going down the road in a group! As for the pantiless and topless....never done that! Wouldn't dream of it.

I always enjoy reading your blogs... you make my day. I am so jealous of your traveling. Have a GREAT time, as I know you will and keep us "posted".

Mom is coming up to stay with me until after Labor day, and I am so happy about that! You know she moved back to Texas..... the traitor!! I hope to get back there someday soon myself, but it's harder for me!

Take care girlfriend. Talk to you soon.
Love ya! Cherie