Monday, March 14, 2011

Did I Discombobulate You??

March 14, 2011



Did my clues discombobulate you?  Or.......were you one of the 1-2 that figured out my cryptic photoshopping??

First, let's take a look at some of your comments:

Matt said:


"Brady is watching YouTube on his iPad.
Matt is finding better deals than you.
James wishes he had an iPad.
Liz is talking about how great Mac's are, while thinking of what hotels are the best
Jacque is laughing at something - no, it didnt make sense.
Debbie is being serious, and booking hotels and such.
Ellen is having a silent conversation with James about how she wishes she had an iPad too...
Chuck is napping with Murphy."

Denise said:
"I couldn't ' catch ' your hint, the pic was kind of little for these old eyes, just saw an apple, so I'll guess a family meeting of some kind. But all I know is that you guys are sitting at the table that I wanted to buy from the Black Eye Pea restaurant. Is that yours? If so, NOT FAIR ! I want one too!" (Poor Denise got a little off task....)
Sherrie said:
"You are all emailing the whitehouse about gas prices!"

Lulu said:
"Semper Fi on an apple.......R U ALL joining the Marines??"

These were just a few of the comments that gave me a belly-laugh......thanks for sending them to me!

But here's the moment you've all been patiently waiting for (actually, I know you don't really give a flip.....)

Let's first take a look at the clues:

1)  Semper Fi = US Marines
2)  Obviously it's an Apple looking over New York City.
2)  The Capital in Washington DC set in NY

The photo was of my family and I making plans to attend my nephew Lance's graduation this Friday from the Marine Officer Candidate Training in Quantico, VA.  YEA!!!!  Geeezzz....it seems like yesterday we ate tacos and sent him on his way to Virginia.  Although that was 8 weeks ago, it seems like a grueling 8 years ago to Lance!

But directly after graduation, us girls are heading to Washington DC for a few days of site seeing and then taking the train on to NYC for a few more days!!!  WHOO HOO!!

Lucky you get to go along with us as I Blog our way through the week...... 

Oh, by the way....if WE get mugged.....YOU get mugged.......

6 comments:

Denise Kohler said...

NOT FAIR ( again ). I said you were having a family meeting, which you admitted that you were, I just couldn't read your mind or your clues to know what you were having the meeting about, so...... I think I deserve at least half a point for getting part of it correct !!! Also, let me know if you ever put that table in your garage sale, I want first dibs on it please !!!
D

Carla Melcher said...

Hope ya'll have fun. Can't wait to read about it.

Carla

Debbie said...

Matt cheated !!!!

Judy Boyles said...

I didn’t even get to play L I didn’t see either one of these until just now. Hope you all have fun and I do look forward to ‘traveling along’ but please don’t get mugged. I just had stitches removed from forehead, don’t want to do that again for awhile. J

Thanks,

Jackie said...

To funny. Oh what fun.

Regina said...

Hey Liz,

Congrats to your nephew!! Our Marine bootcamp is supposedly the toughest in the world, with a 50% attrition rate. You must be extremely proud - and with reason!!

Much love,

Regina