Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Keeping Our Heads Above Water - Chapter 22 (Everyone Loves Raymond)

March 15, 2016

We - Have - Turned - A - Corner


Today marked the FINAL day of Raymond Tabor's dumpster sitting in my driveway.  Glory-Be!!


Raymond and I have become such great friends over the past 2-1/2 months since "The Flood" crossed our paths, that we tell each other "I love you" when we end our conversations.....we hug each time he pulls into 89 Eagle Cove....and we promise to get the spouses together and have dinner SOON.   I teared-up as he let me sit one final time at the controls of his truck.  I won't miss the dumpster in my driveway....but I will desperately miss Raymond......cause Everyone Loves Raymond!


But saying good-bye to Raymond and Dump #6 means we have finished Part 1 of this journey and getting ready to begin Part 2.  The days of walking on a 2-inch piece of wood to get to the other side of the house are almost over.  We will be laying sub-floor soon and you can't even begin to imagine how excited this makes me!

Finding this guy under my floor hammering will be a thing of the past....
And no more passing these broken mirrors that have been sitting on my driveway reminding me how I've aged 10 years in the past two months. 
Friends, this has been, without a doubt....hands-down.....one of the most challenging experiences Chuck and I have ever been through.  AND yet...... filled our hearts will gratitude and humility.


Everywhere I look.....I see this.  Friends like Maaike.....writing their words of encouragement....their favorite scriptures.....their blessings on this house of ours that will once again be a home to us some day.  Many of them come in and out throughout the day, past the contractors...past the mess, to find their favorite places to write their words.  And every day....at the end of the day, I come by to find new ones written in the walls and studs and beams and sheetrock of 89 Eagle Cove.  And it blesses me.  Oh.....how it blesses me.


And when the rains threatened to invade this house of ours once again last week, those same friends didn't just write the words.....they SPOKE the words.


They prayed prayers with our names on them....day and night....and the rains continued for 4 days and 4 nights solid....but the rising water stopped when it came to the foundation of 89 Eagle Cove.....and my only used twice, bubble-wrapped-in-case-it-flooded-again, washing machine never got a drop on it!   Not-A-Drop.


And in the words of my dear friend Ellen Louro's favorite scripture,

"He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire; 
He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along." 
Psalms 40:2


Oh ya......we're walking on solid ground, friends....we have been lifted out of the mud.




11 comments:

Kathy Rachal said...

Awww..... I love him too :) I have GOT to get out there this week and write on a board!! xoxo

Bonnie Pope said...

So happy, you have been in a deep hole. Your faith, your strong love of God is your light. You have been a light for me and others.
Love you. Bonnie

Robin's Nest said...

Awwwww....no words...lots of hugs and dumpster size loads of admiration...you have taught me so much through your writings and how you have walked your walk through this all...

Judy Capps said...

Liz,

What a testimony of Gods goodness, of your steadfastness in faith and of victory through circumstances! Blessings, Judy Capps

Brenda said...

Liz, first thing I did this morning was read your blog....didn't even know at that moment you had emailed it to me. I shared it on my FB page. Loved the pictures especially the one of you and Raymond. Did you know that Raymond was my dad's name? You are right, "Everybody Loves Raymond"! As usual, I am absolutely in awe of your words....you are an amazing writer, but I've told you that many times before. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date.

Now everyone here is just waiting for the water to go down and then the big cleanup will begin. Hoping we will be able to help as we have nothing to clean up ourselves. The water got so high here - it is truly amazing. But Caddo will definitely come back even though it is going to take a while.

I hope you have a glorious day my precious friend. Love you sooooo much!

Love, Brenda

Lulu said...

Yeah I was praying the waters wouldn't again enter your home this last 4 day rain. Bye Raymond God Bless your home.

Chloanne said...

Thanks for emailing this to me, makes it easier to get to!! I was praying for you every time it rained, "No more, LORD, Never again!! No more flooding for Liz or anyone around here!"

God is good, all the time! He allows a rock in front of you for you to step up on, not to make you stumble.

I love you very much!
Chloanne

ps., I'm praying for the LORD's presence to cover all at the IF:Gathering, and for a powerful awareness of His presence, especially for you, Jill, Kitty and Cathy. He will supply all your needs!

Jenni Morse said...

This made my day infinitely better!!! So happy for Phase 2!!!! You inspire me Liz!!

Barbara said...

Liz. My far away friend. Dear God I did not know you had flooded. Darling I am so sad. We had our 5th one this year in October but I declared it would not come in the downstairs and God honored His promise. I really know what you are dealing with. The 98 flood took the entire house and most of the contents. We built up another story but even so we have had another bad one and two that came into the downstairs apt. So my friend, my heart goes out to you. You should have contacted me so I could have been in your prayer team. I will be praying for you. I have such empathy for you having this to deal with. Keep in touch. I pray God's blessings an favor be yours that He will give you His strength and encouragement. God keep you close, Barbara

Sandee said...

Dear Friend, I pray for you every day. I love you….God is protecting us all. Love, Sandee

LeeAnn Sears said...

Liz,

Beautiful! I hated missing IF: this year. I really missed seeing you! I'm so glad prayers are answered & that you are able to rest in Psalm 40:2. It's such a beautiful reality spiritually and physically.

Love always,


LeeAnn