Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Pappo Day

June 19, 2016


MY FAITH Comes From My Pappo


I received an early birthday present from my seriously cool granddaughters and their parents last weekend.  There were a couple brass bracelets, among other things, with one engraved, "My Faith is Bigger Than My Fears".  After the 6 months we've had, these are powerful words engraved in my soul.

See, it's because of my Dad (Pappo) that each of us kids have the Faith we have.  It was his dedication and determination that we be raised in church and taught about a God that loves us...unconditionally....even during those hard times.  Yes.....those times when Fear tries to take over and shove Faith right out of the way.   But if our Faith is Bigger than our Fears, then Faith WINS....every time!

Thanks, Pappo, for instilling Faith into each of your three kiddo's.......it saved our lives.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Liz –



Such sweet memories of your Pappo! I get newsletters from Mike Huckabee. I got one last week that said we should remember our Heavenly Father on Father’s Day – who was the Ultimate Father. I had really never thought about that, but he is right. Just another thought to share on the subject.



Jeanne

Chloanne said...

thanks so much for writing that. I needed to think of my dad, today, too. Daddy was such a strong force in my life and helped me to know what God is really like. I love you so much!! I am looking forward to when we both have the time and the chance to visit!

love you and praying for you daily!

Chloanne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, dear friend…..simply beautiful. Love, Sandee