Thursday, September 16, 2010

DAY 78: Clear Your Head and Make New Friends....

DAY 78:  Durango, Colorado - September 15, 2010

Over the past few weeks with the anticipation of our 3 month journey quickly coming to an end, I've been thinking a lot about the experiences we've had, the people we've met, and the impact they all have had on our lives.
Goodwill Elvis in Colorado Springs

As wonderful and beautiful as the places are that we have been, nothing compares to the wonderful people we've met and friends we've made while on this trip.  It seems like every time we get on the road and travel, we meet the most incredible people....... Last year, we met friends while on the road that we are still in daily contact with.
"I'd Like A Bowl of Chili, Please" - Goodwill Ladies













When I first met Chuck many years ago, although he was a very nice guy, he just wasn't one to go up and start an easy conversation with someone. They usually had to come up to him first.  But now; the minute we get into a new RV park, before we've even gotten the sewer hose in the ground, he's searching out new friends.  I stand there, scratching my head, saying "Who is this man??"
Man I met at McDonalds while in search of Wifi in Estes Park

I guess what I'm trying to say to you is this:  I truly wish everyone could/would experience what Chuck and I are so very blessed to have had the opportunity to experience.  We have met people while traveling who work two jobs with a zillion children, yet they "make time" to get away from their daily lives; to "slow" their life down long enough to "breathe" and center themselves again.  Everyone needs to clean the clutter out of their heads long enough to enjoy being in nature, seeing the beauty around them and the new friends just waiting to be met by you out there.
"Are You A Real Cowboy, Mister" - to Chuck in Manitou Springs



The pictures I've included  are just a few of the wonderful, funny and special people we have met on our trip so far......Most of them you will recognize from my Blogs and the special story that goes with each.....and hey, we still have another week and a half to meet more!
Newly Engaged Neighbor Getting Married in January 

So grab the ones closest to you and hit the road; even if its just for one night.....and come home with at least one new friend.  You're life will be better for it.......I know mine sure is!

   CLICK TO ENLARGE PHOTOS

Australian Psychologist who shaved Murphy in Manitou Springs, CO

Our Fantastic Camp Hosts in Manitou Springs, CO



















Our dear friend, Israel, we met 2 years ago in Colorado Springs











Our Estes Park friends, Jud & Donna, from Houston



Ken, Traci & Smoki from Salt Lake City














The drunk gang in Ashton, ID

Schwann's Man in Salt Lake City

Our new friend, Jim, in Moab, UT and Mesa Verde, CO

Newest friend Chuck with Chuck in Durango, CO


2 comments:

jacquetta said...

I'm sure your trip has been wonderful - love the picture of you two kissing.
Jacquetta

Ant Ellie said...

You two have been doing what most of the people alive today dream about doing but never get there...never take the first step....but I think you all have been bitten real good and I wonder if the next thing will be "full timers"......I wonder? Well, here is one more proof that you just need to take the first step...and see where that leads. Your blog
probably has inspired more than just me to "get out there".......I'm going...right after the weeds, the shack in alabama, etc,etc....but I really am going for sure. You have "lit my fire" and now I am scheming to get out there...sooner than later. take care and stay safe. I love you both.
ant ellie