Thursday, December 30, 2010

It Was "Couples-Skin-Cancer-Mose-Surgery" Day.....

Thursday, December 30, 2010



AGHHHHHHHHHHHH..........I have SUCH a headache......and no, his name is not Chuck...

Today was "Couples-Skin-Cancer-Mose-Surgery" day for Chuck and I.  Chuck had surgery on a spot above his lip and Liz had surgery on a place on her forehead....AGAIN.  I am SO regretting all those years of sun worshipping.....I would kick myself but it would probably create a new skin cancer spot.

We were up at 4:00 am; left home at 5:00 am; had surgery at 7:30 am; starting swelling around 8:00 am; Chuck was snoring by 9:00 am; and headed home at 11:30 am with a GARGANTUAN fat lip on Chuck and a forehead that looked like a golf ball hit it on me.  We were a hair-raising, scary looking pair.  I suggested to Chuck that he not make eye contact with small children for fear of scaring them.

And we felt we needed to leave an extra big tip for our Cracker Barrel waitress on the way home for having to wait on us.....she looked downright horrified when she approached our table and saw us.    See??!!!!

And now.......if only I could get rid of this honking huge headache......

12 comments:

Sherry said...

GEez. Sorry

Bonnie and Dick said...

Liz---Well, CRAP!!!! I have experienced this Mohs surgery and it isn’t in any way FUN!!! Lord knows, I would kick my own butt if I had known what baby oil mixed with iodine all over my body in my youth would come to this!!! I don’t even think they had Mohs surgery in those days. I never heard of it!!! All of us baby-boomers and earlier certainly know about it NOW!!!! Love you guys, Bonnie

Judy Hammack said...

Hoping and praying for a quick recovery for the two of you!!!!

Jacquetta said...

Get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Gads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck Biggs said...

Aw, but you both still look good.

Marlene said...

I feel for you and Chuck! I've had a couple removed from my arms. Wish I could take back those days when I used baby oil on my skin to suntan!

Israel said...

I am sorry to her that Liz, I'll be praying for you and Chuck. God bless.

Israel

Cherie said...

Oh Liz... I know exactly how that feels! I have had 5 Mohs surgeries done now - since 1999. They are not fun, and I too regret all my sun-worshiping days - but I still love to be out in the sun, I am just more careful now (don't use baby oil to tan, or simply nothing at all!) Daddy and I both went in on the same day about 3 yrs ago to have father and daughter mohs surgery.... his was on his forehead and mine right in the bottom left corner of my left eye. My last - was just in September this year - my upper right eyelid this time... it seems they concentrate around my eyes for some reason, though one was on my nose, and you know mom had her nose completely re-built due to that! It sucks....I know!

Hope y'all are doing well and healing well now. Also hope you had a nice Christmas. You are always on my mind. Take care girl. Love you.

Nyla said...

Ouch! They shouldn't have been so mean to you. Shame on them. Get better quick. Love ya; Nyla

ant Ellie said...

Just keep saying "this too shall pass" and usually it does.
Love, ant ellie

Stu said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I am a proponent of being in charge of your health and getting screened and taking care of what needs to be taken care of. I share my pictures on Facebook for other PH patients so they won’t be so scared of a procedure. Way to go Chuck and Liz.
Stu

ant Ellie said...

You are much stronger than that little skin lesion!!! Blond hair and blue
eyes....and you can't hide indoors all your life.... If it takes 80 mose durgeries,
you do not want the alternative....a hole in your check or nose that causes
an open crater down to your gumline and further!! this is not a pretty
site.
we had a woman in the nursing home and she had treated her own
skin lesion for years with holistic stuff....vaseline, etc., and she would up
having a scarf over her lower face. We thought and she agreed to get a
false nose...when she went for ffitting, she threw it on the floor and put
her scarf back on....said it looked like a halloween mask! It was very
expensive but they do not have ones on the shelf that they can let you try.

So you get in there and get that mose surgery ....I am sure you do not
want an old fat lady to come wrestle you to the floor and throw you into
the Mose doctor's office....people would talk!
You take goo care of yourself.

I love you both lots and lots.
ant ellie