Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nothing is Impossible........just ask Cinderella!

Saturday, March 27, 2010


Ahhhhh......just finished watching Cinderella......you know, the one and only "original" Cinderella with Leslie Ann Warren and a much younger Dr. Alan Quartermaine (the Prince) from General Hospital.  Not the cartoon Cinderella; not the remake Cinderella; or any of the 1500 versions of the basic story, but the original 1964 Cinderella with the lame cardboard backgrounds and the low budget theatrics........I can remember it being like CHRISTMAS whenever they would play this on TV each year when I was little........Mom would always let us know it was coming on several days in advance and the anticipation of this classic was just almost too much.  Do I love this musical because it is beautiful.......or is it beautiful because I love it??

You see, I was a fat, insecure, not-so-cute little tub of lard with a pixie haircut and cat-eye glasses from birth till about 7th grade, so I really needed Cinderella.......I needed her cause she stood for "Nothing Is Impossible" (you're singing the song in your head right now, aren't you girls??).....You see, Cinderella gave me hope......

So tonight my beautiful sister Debbie, my fabulous niece Jacque and me snuggled into the TV room recliners, chips and homemade salsa by our side, laptop googled to "lyrics to original Cinderella" page up so we could sing along, and tissues close by, and watched one of our favorite movies of all times together...........that is, until Debbie's dentist husband Brady came in and started critiquing Cinderella's teeth.......Ughhhhh................MEN!!!!  Who needs them?????

 

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I have ALWAYS loved this movie, too!!! Rogers and Hammerstien's music is GREAT!! I've adored this movie since I was a child. I am proud to say that I
have it in my DVD library. It was hard to find though!!"

Vicki

Cynthia said...

I've sent your blog about Cinderella to my sister and she loves it..Said she would love to know you..
She also said it made her DAY....so you just keep making people's day's that you don't even know..

Just keep those wonderful blogs coming and make my day and if you don't mind I can share them with my sister in California.. she does voulenteer work too and her husband is in bad health.. so she is home a lot too..

Cynthia

ant Ellie said...

I didn't see the movie but was there really something wrong with her teeth? The ex
hated musicals because "no one has an
orchestra out there in the woods" has no
imagination at all. Probably that is why
I never remember seeing it. Anyway, the
picture does not show rotten teeth...does it?
ant ellie