Sunday, November 5, 2023

Better Than The Beginning Of Our Lives.....Is The End

 Charles (Chuck) Etheridge

11-5-2018
*
November 5, 2023




My Missing Chuck < (is less than) My Joy of Him Being Healed.

It has always been a common phrase of my Dad's to say, "There's worse things than death". I thought he was crazy...until death touched close to MY home and I realized....dang, he was right.

Worse than death, is seeing someone you love in pain and suffering.....unable to be freed from it.

I miss Chuck every day, but only for a little while. My missing him does not begin to equal the JOY of knowing our prayers were answered....Chuck Is Healed. I WILL see him again because I know he knew his Creator. This I know with certainty.

I have an appreciation for death...a thankfulness for it actually. For those of us who believe in Christ, we know that death is life's defining moment. It is the point where the final touch is put on each person's life portrait and our real life…the life we were always meant to have….is just beginning. A Forever life. Like being woken up for the first time.

Charles Spurgeon once said, "We are all born dying. Because of sin, our bodies are born broken - fearfully and wonderfully made, yes - but hurtling towards death from the moment of our conception."
*
We can be assured that....better than the beginning of our lives.....is the end. For so long, I had my definition of death all backwards.

So today, the day 5 years ago he arrived Home, I celebrate that man named Charles, Chuck, Bur, Grandpa Charlie.....and I thank God deeply for "rescuing" him from this old world of ours. He is Home. He is Safe. He is Well.
*
What more could a wife ask for?

No comments: