Tuesday, August 2, 2011

DAY 29: "If You Are Going To Act Like A Turd, Go Lay In The Yard..."

DAY 29:  Steamboat Springs, CO
TEMP:  79 Degrees


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, 
but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."  
Frederick Keonig



I am so very grateful......

.....for my dear friends who remind me of the meaning of the quote above...

As you may recall, I was a little......well......"in a bit of a tizzy" in yesterday's blog.  It had been a very long day of driving; both in the RV and on the motorcycle and it just seemed that each and every thing I did was wrong.  They were minor things, I know, but HUGE to me at the time.  I was tired, frustrated and in desperate need of a pity-party with my friends.

But a good friend of mine, Regina, came forward and gave me a gentle loving nudge and reminded me how BLESSED I am......not only to be seeing this magnificant country of ours with the man I love; but to be living a life that most would give their right arm to be doing, making memories that will last a lifetime and beyond......and in a cooler climate at that!  Basically, in "Liz-language" she was saying, "Stop your belly-aching, pitiful whining, Liz, and be grateful for all the things that are going "right" in your life."

That takes a good friend to call a turd a "turd"......and I love this girl Regina for that!

So, from this moment forward, I am going to choose not to see the rough rocks in the road that cause me stress and frustration.......hindering me from seeing the......

.....smooth, sweet-smelling, flower-edged path that we are BLESSED enough to be traveling....

Thanks Regina, for reminding me to focus on the things that are important and to blur out the things that aren't.









"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out."  
Art Linkletter

12 comments:

Denise Kohler said...

Amen Liz ! Don't we all need to do that ! I have to remind myself of that same thing sometimes.

Kathy said...

Way ta go, Liz!! I’d love to be in Steamboat again. You would love it if you could see all the wonderful things hidden right there in that small town. Some Olympic skiers came from there….in case you didn’t know. Some famous people still live there…like my ex-husband. We went there on our honeymoon and spent many good times there. Then he CLAIMED it as his very own! Talk about a turd J
Love you,
Kathy

Judy Boyles said...

Wonderful message, Liz. We could all learn from it. I am determined to practice it today. J

Thanks,

Judy Boyles

Israel said...

Liz, it's only human nature when we concentrate on the negative rather than the positive, but when we come to our senses we can.....Sing unto the Lord; for He has done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. Isaiah 12:5....Been there done that, you are not alone. To be able to see what God has created I/we can say blessed be the name of the Lord. Give Chuck a hug for me. Happy Trails!!

Israel

Lulu said...

Now thats the Liz i know is in there.. We all have bad days .. You are truly one of the MOST BLESSED couples I know an I know u both know that. most people would give anything to b able to go an do what u are doing .. but I get to enjoy it thru ur blogs. It would b overwhelming to me to do what u do I could NOT do the driving an manuvering u do .. I admire ur nerve an wisdom. an personality to deal with al this. an entelligence to do blogs that SOO entertain us all GOD BLESS enjoy........

Betty & Ernie said...

Liz: Thanks so much for your great travelog. The pictures are beautiful beyond words. We can tour Colorado through your eyes and your camera. Love them all.
Take care and I will keep watching.


Love & God Bless


Betty Faber

Ant Ellie said...

I like that saying from Art Linkletter.....so true.

It is like the old saying "you can be as happy as you want to be"

ant ellie

Chuck Biggs said...

You had a bad day yesterday. Today was our day. We broke down in Utah today at a rest area. Took two wreckers, one for the truck, one for the camper. We are finally in a campground and our truck is with a diesel mechanic. Hope they can fix it tomorrow. Maybe we'll both have good days tomorrow."

Mary Thompson said...

Funny ... think i'm gonna use that one !!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through
Google, and found that it's truly informative. I'm going to watch
out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
Many people will be benefited from your writing.

Cheers!

My site cash advance denver

Anonymous said...

Hi, I check your blogs on a regular basis. Your story-telling style is
witty, keep doing what you're doing!

My weblog; helpful resource
Also see my page > very cool article

Anonymous said...

ecigarette, ecig, e cig, electronic cigarettes, e cigarette, electronic cigarettes