Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DAY 58: "Get Me Off This Hamster Wheel........"

DAY 58:  Central City, CO
TEMP:  High 86 / Low 50


"Lord, some days, we feel like a hamster on a wheel 
spinning the same stupid mistakes over and over.  
Help us to crawl off the wheel into the palm of Your hand." 
Lee

I received the above prayer this morning via Tweet which was written by my sweet friend, Lee.  Those of us lucky enough, receive her prayers most every morning.

I would have chuckled had I not been upset with Chuck when I received it this morning cause, like many days, it really hit home for me today.

See, there is a certain "issue" that, every time it comes up, causes Chuck and I to be on polar opposite sides of the fence.  I claim he is too insensitive and dismissive of the issue and of my feelings and he thinks I'm over-dramatic and over-reacting.  Crazy thing is; we're probably both right.......and we're probably both wrong.

I'm sure we're no different than any of you......we've all had these "bone of contentions" that are like a fire in your gut that, no matter how hard you try, can't be extinguised.  This particular issue has reared its ugly head far too many times over the past few years and no matter how many times I try to explain to him what I'm feeling and what I need from him, he just doesn't get it.  And I'm not getting why he's not getting it......sounds just like a married couple, huh?!?

Bottom line is.......its stupid.......just plain stupid and not worthy of the energy, time and anguish we put into it.  And speaking for Liz only, I need to get off that repetitious hamster wheel, spinning the same stupid painful attitude and move on.  AND, I need to accept that I cannot make him feel something that he doesn't.  I'm just glad we didn't have this discussion BEFORE he colored my hair yesterday!

Don't worry......all is well in the Etheridge RV.........

well, except that Murphy has diarrhea again....UGHHH.....

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Geez! How timely. I needed to hear that at this exact moment in time.

Sherrie

Israel said...

......However, God is always there to give us what direction to take. It could be a very stormy night, but He brings it to pass, and how beautiful it's to see the light of a brand new day. Blessings!!

Israel

Jackie Stuckey said...

I have missed getting these blogs. I asked Kim today to send me the email. I am not sure how I go about getting added back. Let me know if I need to do something on my end. You two have the most enjoyable, of well sometimes crazy, travels. Tell all hello. I hope Murphy gets over his potty issues soon!

Jackie Stuckey

Jug and Donna said...

Very well said!!!! And yes we all feel the same.

Jeanette said...

well pray over it Liz...Murphy must be eating to much people food...he has to stick to doggie food

Donnita said...

Are you sure you haven't been listening to David and me??? LOL