Monday, July 12, 2010

DAY 12: What Does A T-Rex, Chuck & Strange Umbrella Guy Have In Common??

Manitou Springs, CO - July 12, 2010


DAY 12:

They are all MALE.

Seriously though, I've got a question for you.  Do you believe in Dinosaurs and if so, do you believe they lived millions of years ago?

We visited the Dinosaur Museum in Woodland Park today because, well.....Chuck likes Sci-Fi stuff like that.  Between the moms and the dads yelling at the kids to stop touching stuff, and to quit asking so many questions, I had my little one (Chuck) mesmerized by the faux skeleton of a T-Rex or a Styracosaurus or something weird like that.  He was downright giddy......

But the thing that kept confusing me was the fact that they claimed each and every dinosaur was over 55 MILLION years old.   Now, if we believe in the Bible, and I do, and we know that Earth was created between 6,000-7,000 years ago, how can there have been Dinosaurs millions of years ago??  I really want to know your thoughts on this......so PLEASE reply to this Blog email and give me your thoughts. Who knows; there just may be a prize for the one whose closest to what I believe (not really, but I wanted to get you to reply).

On our way back to the trike, not only was Chuck "speeding" down the sidewalk on his scooter, but we met an "interesting" guy coming out of the laundromat with his umbrella.  He walked with us for awhile (well......actually, he walked with Liz.....Chuck had speeded ahead to the next block) telling me all about how his ex-wife, who lived in New Jersey; had left him for a doctor/attorney and now she was homeless and he felt sorry for her......but she claimed to be okay, but her sister said she wasn't ok......and that he didn't know why he had his umbrella with him cause there wasn't a dark cloud in the sky...........ya ya ya, I know what you're thinking; for some reason, I'm a magnet for people like this.....

Anyway, that was our day today..........

8 comments:

Ann said...

OK ... I just laughed out loud at the speed sign of 32 with Chuck cootering down the sidewalk ... could you bring the umbrella guy home for me???

Ann

Debra Blackwell said...

Dear Liz,
Prize or no prize, I had to respond. Dinosaurs, in my mind, were seriously mismanaged experiments by the very early descendents of Adam and Eve. Really
briliant people, you know. My thinking was also colored a great deal by books by Rene Noorbergen. Used to sell out of our bookstores. I read it many times, have to see if I can find it again. Covered dinosaurs, electricity, construction, travel and colonization, many things. Really caught my very young and fertile imangination. Still fertile, maybe not so young, but still make sense. I'll find it and pass on info. May still be able to get it.

Keep blogging and keep enjoying life.
Love ya, Debra

Ant Ellie said...

The good book is the oldest book...and what it says is more believeable......it reminds me of Robert and Steve making some quartz indianhead arrows and people thought they were made years ago by the indians......I guess if you believe in that ancient history and study it in today's higher education system, you probably get a little more attention if you say it is really old and few people are dispolite enough to contradict you....they just move on.
And Chuck is moving on....32 MPH.....way to go Chuck.

ant ellie

p.s. you are really kind to listen to umbrella guy...sounds likehis life went kapooey and he is still trying to sort stuff out. Just needs two ears to hear him out. Good little deeds like that can come home in waves of good stuff....I am a firm believer.

Mike said...

Great picture of Charlie and speed indicator sign !


Mike

Ellen said...

The Gap Theory. This could be the second creation. Genesis 1 - "In the beginning..." - well which beginning? James can explain it better.

Ellen

Cynthia said...

"You got me out of my funky mood I've been in for 2 days.. thanks so much.. I loved your blog this morning.. you go girl .. hello to Chuck for us.. I'm loving the
trip..:)"

Cynthia

James said...

Many christians criticize science because they don't know what the Bible actually says ! Clearly the earth is more than 6-7 thousand years old, the evidence is irrefutable, dinosaurs did exhist and I have no problem with it being in the millions of years. The problem we have is in starting the timeline of the earth with Genesis 1:2.- Gen. 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" period. Whenever that beginning was... God created it. Gen. 1:2 "And the earth was without form and void" in the Hebrew can just as accurately be translated "became a waste and desolation". The earth was here and inhabited but had become a waste and desolation - it may have stayed in that state for billions of years who knows. Jeremiah 4:23-27 records his vision of a earth, populated with cities ( meeting places of intelligent beings ) that's in the midst of a cataclysm, being destroyed - He's witnessing the destruction of the first earth age. God starts over beginning with Gen. 1:2. in v.28 "be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth".
I believe the earth has been here possibly billions of years, how else to explain the fossil fuels that takes millions of years to ocuur, carbon dating that can fairly accurately date objects going back tens of thousands of years - various cycles of global heat and then cold, the earth battered by asteroids etc... Our brief 7 thousand years from Gen.1:2 is but a moment in time when put into context of age and eternity. Don't worry, God's in control.

Jacquetta said...

Oh, Liz........there are no words for your writings. I ask, "What would life be without you?"

Jacquetta