Sunday, November 30, 2014

GROWING SEEDS: "I LOVE YOU"

 




GROWING SEEDS: 11-30-14 "I Love You"


HE. LOVES. YOU

Sometimes I like to imagine myself sitting in a coffee shop across the table from God....chatting like two old friends vying for air space with our heads together catching up on all the latest news.  I imagine Him twirling His hot mocha latte with a spoon and smiling and nodding at all the appropriate times...genuinely enjoying every minute of my ability to talk about everything and nothing....at the same time.

And He has a knack for asking me uncomforable questions like, "Girl, I feel so awkward every time I have to watch you lose patience with that man I gave you to love.....What's the deal?"

And as I look down at the coffee-stained grain of the wood table, searching for an answer to His question, He continues, "Do you know....truly know, Liz, how very much I love you?”

And I know, as our very souls touch through the retinas of our eyes meeting at that very moment, that mine will be leaking because does anyone truly know how much He loves us?  Does anyone really know how much He gushes over us?  Do we "get" how patiently He waits for us to love Him back?  I feel a sense of uncomfortablness as I scour my own love-feelings and discover He loves me so much more than I do Him.

Did you hear what I said?

He. Loves. Me. So. Much. More. Than. I. Love. Him.

He then turns His hand over and I see it....I see that He has carved my name in blood into the palm of His hand.   "That's how much I love you, Liz", He says.

And I dare myself to do the same.....to write His name on my palm....to find the same kind of love for Him as He has for me.  I dare myself to daily jot down His love gifts to me on a coffeehouse napkin, record them on my smartphone, to tell Him "Thank You" in my prayers....

.......and to show Him how much He rocks my world.

No comments: