Sunday, May 1, 2022

When God Places You Right Where You Belong

 


When I arrived in my U-Haul late that Sunday night almost two years ago in the middle of the pandemic to our sweet little Cambridge neighborhood in Allen I had fallen in love with almost 10 years earlier, Michael L. Piles was the first neighbor I met that night while walking his two black labs. 
 
He immediately invited me to stop by and meet his beautiful wife Chantal and sit for visit and glass of wine as soon as I got settled in. We became fast friends soon after and they have truly been the most amazing neighbors to this Widow #13 (nickname Widow #1 gave me shortly after I moved in).
 
What a TREAT for Wayne and I to share a dinner with them tonight in downtown McKinney! Thanks Mike and Chantal for your acceptance, your hospitality to this Widow #13 (can't say that anymore!!) and for always meeting me in the street for a smile and hug.

No comments: