Thursday, February 23, 2023

RE-Baptism

 


The girl in the picture below is my oldest granddaughter Bella (back to camera). She is a 2nd year student at GCU this year....Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, AZ .....the largest Christian university in the world (2018 stats).

Bella has always been spiritually grounded....living out her beliefs in front of her peers. She constantly puts others ahead of herself....is a Leader in the homeless ministry in Phoenix.....and hugs my heart tightly, whether near or far, by just saying my name. Lele.

And she made the decision a few weeks ago....to be rebaptized.

I believe she was around 8 years old when she first decided to be baptized. I remember standing in the audience at Cottonwood Creek Church that day feeling enormous emotion and pride as she went under the waters of restoration , but admittedly, I was questioning whether she was too young to fully understand what she was doing.

I was wrong.

She knew EXACTLY what she was doing. She has had a light shining out of her since her head first came out of the waters that day many years ago. But now, at the age of 20, she chose to experience that once again.

And this is what that looked like. Baptized by one of the first friends she met when she arrived in Phoenix two years ago.

I encourage you, if you've read this far, to gather up your friends and head to the theatre and watch Jesus Revolution. Bella and her peers are the new Jesus Revolution we'll be talking about 40 years from now. 
 
This is one very proud Lele!!
 

 

No comments: