Sunday, April 12, 2015

Today Is A Holiday.....

Today is a National holiday in our household.  
It's....


Yes....it's April 12...and its National Grilled Cheese Day. (I capitalize Grilled Cheese cause....well, it's just THAT important.)

If you know ANYTHING at all about me, you know I am a Grilled-Cheese-A-Holic.  Always have been....suspect I always will be.



No chicken enchilada's for me at the local mexican food restaurant....nope...I'm ordering off the kiddy menu my Grilled Cheese Sandwich.  Every-Single-Time.


Pancakes and hashbrowns at Ihop?  Nope.  A buttery Grilled Cheese Sandwich between white bread with cheese oozing out the sides is what I get.
Every-Single-Time.


When I was in high school, I lived in a dorm my Jr. and Sr. year.  We weren't allowed to have any cooking apparatuses, but we were allowed to have an iron.  I cooked my Grilled Cheese Sandwich on the bottom of my iron.

So GO.....show a little support for that comfort food that has made everything right in your world by celebrating this important day today by eating that Grilled Cheese Sandwich you know you want.....and don't forget to sprinkle a little pickle juice over the top of the bread before eating.


 You'll thank me later.


6 comments:

Ellen said...

I want one of yours right now! One of your pics is Mac and cheese on bread. I don't know about that...

Kathy said...

LOL!!

Jeanne said...

Add a cup of tomato basil soup and I’m all over that!

LIZ HURT said...

You are a NUT - - - - and I love you for it!!!! Was going to bed but think I'll just go make a quick grilled cheese!!!

Jan said...

U r brilliant!

Brooke said...

Ha...just now seeing this. We love us some grilled cheese...Ramsay style...which means usually raw cheddar on Ezekial bread. Ha!

BUT...the secret to take your grilled cheese to a new level? Oregano. Try it...you'll thank me :)

Love you!