Friday, May 21, 2021

That Face

THAT FACE.....


It’s been a part of my life for the past 18-1/2 years. And just when I thought I would never be able to be a grandmother, I was adopted by Isabella Grace and became Lele.

Infertility kept me from having children of my own, but it was just like God to offer me a better plan by gifting me with a granddaughter named Bella.

And today....a day she has been waiting for most of her life, she will walk across that stage....standing tall, head held high and confidence tucked tightly and securely in her back pocket....and hold that piece of parchment that represents a mountain of hard work. In my opinion, that hard work was worthy of far more than a piece of paper.

My granddaughter is headed to Grand Canyon University in the Fall.....a place that defines the person that she is. It’s the perfect place for a girl who LOVES God more than anything or anyone....because its a university that VALUES God more than anything or anyone, unlike many of the universities in our country. It’s a perfect partner for her future.

And as we, her family and friends, sit in the stands of her Allen High School Eagle Stadium, the largest High School football stadium in the World that serves only one high school, will be cheering this amazing “woman” on as she turns the page in the Book of Bella. And we will be packing up our hearts to move a chunk of it to Grand Canyon University with her,

Blessed am I.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: