Monday, January 20, 2014

Goodbye Dear Friends, Phyllis and Earl






Oh how you will be missed.....and never forgotten.

You have shown those of us who have had the privilege of knowing you, what true love and commitment is for each other.  You may not realize it, but people watch you......they watch you, Earl.how you gently hold Phyllis' elbow and carefully guide her, ready to catch a possible stumble at any moment.  And Phyllis.they watch the courage you have and how you handle a difficult disease such as Parkinson's with a smile and determination.  You never give up....you keep moving forward, never letting the disease define who you are.  I have never seen a better husband caregiver as I have Earl....ever.....and I have never seen a more determined, faithful wife as I have Phyllis.  You two go together like macaroni and cheese.

Chuck and I know all too well how difficult it is to close a chapter you aren't ready to close and to start a new chapter with only empty pages staring back at you.  There's something about the unknown.....about what tomorrow will bring when you are fighting to stay in the present, that brings you to your knees.  Don't ever forget that you are not alone in this next chapter; you have a gazelion friends here in Mt. Vernon who would be by your side in a moments notice.  That's the thing about friends; you have to BE a good friend in order to HAVE good friends.....and both of you, have been the best friends anyone could ever ask for.

So as you start the next chapter of unknowns, just know that we are sending you off with our love, our friendship and our prayers.  

We love you.


Chuck and Liz 



14 comments:

Jan and Joe said...

Beautiful, Liz!!

Jack Wallace said...

Thank you, Liz. How wonderful!

Jack and Marlane said...

I love this Liz

Pam said...

Oh Liz that's so sweet.. Beautiful. Heartfelt. Encouraging. Beautiful. Did I say that?!

Denise said...

Just love your blogs ! Who's beautiful front room was this picture taken in, yours ? Love the size !

Martha Oxford said...

What wonderful sentiments. Thanks, Liz, for putting our thoughts into words."

Julie Andrews said...

im so sorry i missed this. such loving words

Georgia said...

What a way to express what all of us feel. We will miss you Phyllis and Earl!!!!!"

Jo Hanson said...

I know you will be near you family, but you will still be missed. Love you

Judy Kirby said...

You will be missed dear friends! Thanks Liz for the heartfelt words. A very special evening.

Joy Stone said...

Wonderful gift, Liz, for our great friends. We will miss you, Earl and Phyllis.

Israel said...

Hi Liz. It is hard to say goodbye to dear friends, but it's a difficult part in our lives.
Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Is 41:10

Beverly Kelley said...

that was beautiful. You always say exactly the right thing. I love you. Beverly

Stu Berwick said...

I really liked reading this one Liz. You put everything so well to paper.
Thank you for sharing these moments they are really good for my heart.
Stu