Sunday, February 14, 2016

Keeping Our Heads Above Water - Chapter 18

February 14, 2016

THIS. WEEK. ROCKED.
PERIOD.

I feel we turned a corner.....maybe more like a U-turn.....and are headed back in the right direction.


The van and the Jeep actually have flood insurance coverage and have been adjusted and will be heading into the shop tomorrow to be repaired.  HALLELUJAH!!!  We finally found something we had insurance for. 


The golf cart is fixed and was returned to us by Last Chance Don on Friday and we now have transportation for Chuck to be able to move around the yard without getting his wheelchair stuck.....and stuck.....and stuck again.  Our friend and neighbor Larry was tired of retrieving him out of the mud with his tractor.....~Heavy Sigh~


The boathouse kitchen's chunk of mold called our cabinets and walls, were taken out this week by a hazmat team (LOL) and is now a shell ready to be cleaned up, bleached and repaired.  YEA!


The lobster, crab, craw fish...whatever the heck that nasty thing I found on my windowsill was....has been removed and is no longer residing in my living room.


A new washing machine was purchased and installed....still Merlot colored.....and ON SALE!


And I'm sitting here on a beautiful Valentines Day with my sweetheart.....chocolate covered strawberries in our mouths that he surprised me with after making them himself.....feeling PEACEFUL.  Yes....Peaceful.

I had forgotten what that felt like.
And I have a favor to ask of you.  

My amazing brother-in-law, Doug, texted me this morning with a wonderful thought......He said as he drove to church this morning, it came to him that we had the unique opportunity to write our favorite scriptures on the studs and foundation beams of our re-established house. I was blown away by this thought.....and the vision in my mind of favorite protective Bible verses surrounding us for the rest of our lives in this house.....well, it just made the hairs on my arm stand up (of which I have too many!)


So.......this is where YOU come in.  In addition to our own favorites, I would love to include YOUR favorite scripture....you know, that "go-to" scripture that provides peace and protection to you when you need it most, on the studs of this great house of ours.  If you'd like to drive over, pick a stud, and write it yourself, that's even better!  But give great thought to this if you're willing to do it.....and I'll put your name next to it so we'll always know it was yours.  I want this house to have a hedge of protection with scripture surrounding it on all four corners....and every time I look at that soon-to-be  sheet rocked wall, I will remember the blessing you selected especially for us.   What a brilliant idea, Doug!


Open that Bible up, friends, and find me that scripture.  I'm dying to see what you come up with and can't wait to start writing it on the studs and beams of our home......


15 comments:

JIm Fulton said...

Love the Lord, your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5

Cheryl Fulton said...

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalms 91:2
Also 91:1

Kathy Rachal said...

Awesome washer & dryer! Hazmat team sooo funny! Yay for them. I'll for sure come write my scripture on a moonbeam :) Fabulous idea, Doug!!

Praying every day.for you...sometimes more!! I hope Mark will be back soon to finish. You've made tremendous progress even if it doesn't feel like it.

I love you and Chuck like to the moon & back!!

(Please pray for me to find the guys I need to help move....and for a place to move TO.

Jeanne Laurie said...

“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.” Psalm 121:1 – came to mind.



Your life is a soap opera – did anyone ever tell you that? I don’t watch soap operas any more, but I look forward to your updates – especially when something (anything) is insured!

Diana Antoniello said...

I'll get back to you with a scripture, Liz, but I wanted to say what a wonderful idea this is. It gave me chills, too.

Lynn Bates said...

Romans 8:28 or 8:38-39 or or or.....so many favorites. Love you both!

Robert L Kerr said...

You can count on us for scriptures. I have another offer I think you'll like.

Ellen Caldwell said...

Proverbs 3:5 - trust in the Lord with all your Heart."

Ellen Caldwell said...

So glad things are looking up for y'all. Love the verse idea. Mine is Proverbs 3:5 - trust in the Lord with all your Heart." You need to take pics of them before you close up the walls. Love you guys! E

James Fulton said...

1 Peter 5:6-7

John Kennedy said...

Well my dear Liz, it was really great to see you both this morning. I am glad life is beginning to take a good turn for a change, In Gods time not ours so he blesses us with patience. Difficult at best!
My scripture is psalm 118:24, this is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. I have a lot of favorites as most do but this one is really special to me, it reminds me that no matter the blessings, the sad times, the loses, rain or shine each day indeed is the day our Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. When we remember this and do it we will receive His Peace in our soul no matter what! Some bibles say "let us rejoice, others say we will rejoice"! The end result is the same, a blessing from our Lord! You two take care of each other and Happy Valentines Day to you both. What a guy, to make chocolate covered strawberries for his beloved wife. Can't top that!

Love You,


JOHN

Cherie said...

Oh what a wonderful idea! I love it! I like Isaiah 12:2 "GOD is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid"

Ellen Jaggers said...

Exodus 14:14. The Lord your God will fight for you. You only need to remain silent. Love and prayers to you both!

Martha Oxford said...

Psalm 3:3 - But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head (KJV).

Robin's Nest said...

Ahhhhhhhh.....this is music to my ears!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!! What a God story!!!!!! I will think about just the right one(s)....Your blessings are raining down!!!!